Best strategy to winning!

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Booty isle, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Work hard

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Bugs suck, but that's an unfair statement. Here's why:

1. The small team of developers works on this game full time, possibly much more. Why do you think you don't see them hanging in the forums as much?
    2. The game is barely 4 months old. Bugs are going to happen, and they will get fixed.
    3. We've gotten a major update once per month since the game was released. That is amazingly fast development.
    4. This bug's exploitability wasn't known until very recently. The cause was rapidly identified, and It'll be fixed in a few days. Can't get much faster than that, especially on a 5M+ player MMORPG. It'd take longer to get an error corrected on your bank statement.

Sounds to me like you expect miracles out of humans.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Chill out, 420
    Lazy? How do you think this game you care about got here to start with?
    Like I said...just chill, bro
    Give. It. Time.

Captain Monkey, Kelani and Darth Yoda like this.
  4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Seriously. When I stay up late, I see multiple devs pop on here every morning at 7-8AM. They check things, then presumably go about their jobs. Midoki should just add an office cam. That'd put an end to threads like this.

"Look, there's Chris hacking away at 2am! My God, what a big coffee mug that is.."

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Actually...an office web-cam stream might not be a bad idea to keep some of the villagers and their pitchforks abated. Then again, we might become crazy stalkers, and by "we" I mean Kel and me :)

The Fish Eyed Pirate and Kelani like this.
  6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Also - if it's low enough resolution there's no threat of loss of proprietary code....

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, they could add a grainy filter. Midoki definitely doesn't need code theft, and I doubt @Lynsey [Midoki] wants her own fan club of cam-watching forum folk :)

@Gangrene Beard We'd have to promise not to do things like this..

Kelani: So Chris.. It's 4am.. Watching the cam.. Whatcha typing over there? Looking at our Master Lists? What's your favorite fruit? etc..

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

We don't know that for sure

Kelani likes this.
  9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Also - per the original content of this thread - if people are stacking defenses, storages, it sounds like kaboom might be making a comeback :)

10. SaK

SaK First Mate

i salute ur patience...u listen and digest all and every post, comments, thoughts and try to motivate and give hope to people like us who has no patience and are short-tempered...:)
    @Kelani

Kelani likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yep! And I'll be dead before i'm 50 because of it :D

SaK likes this.
  12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Living is overrated, legacies are not.

Captain Monkey likes this.
  13. SaK

SaK First Mate

lol

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Here Lies Kelani.
    He Posted on a Forum

A Lot.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

See! Legacy!

Kelani likes this.
  16. TBird

TBird Captain

Hey I think that's a great idea!!!
    I want to see Lynsey with her American to English dictionary, and the shocked look on her face as she looks something up.
    I'll take the 6-12 stalking shift :)

And thanks for working on the fixes...
    And the forced base realignments this weekend!!

[​IMG]

Tex and Kelani like this.
  17. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Aww that brought back memories of the last game i played where every once in a while it would be chuck Norris jokes time, Cracked me up.

18. I have a stalker/surveillance van parked in my backyard. I can get it to Midoki HQ in about 1 day. Do you also want audio? :D
    [​IMG]