Bipolar Magic Defense

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Skye, May 17, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

My idea here is for a bipolar defensive building.

Making use of the skills employed by the Witch Doctor and the Priestess, a new dual-purpose tower was invented.

The tower has two modes:
    Guardian mode gathers the power of the Witch Doctors and produces a shield that protects buildings within a radius (power/range increased by upgrade), reducing damage to them until it is destroyed. As a straight reduction, this will lessen the impact of large numbers of weak units, but heavy units will be less effected. The tower cannot protect itself. This gives rise to tactical attacks, where a player would have to consider how best to destroy the shield generator.

In Nightshade mode, the enchantments of the Priestess become active, reducing/disabling the Magic Protection of Witch Doctors within the radius. Instead of protecting yourself, this strips enemy protection, weakening or preventing witch doctors from shielding or resurrecting troops nearby until the tower is destroyed.

The player would choose which mode to set the tower in, and as it upgraded the radius/power would increase.

Kelani likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think that both of the ideas are awesome and we'll thought out. That being said, I think bases are already hard enough to attack without the Guardian tower.

I like the idea of night shade mode IF the radius is relatively small. Like the radius of a gun tower, or smaller.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Another variation to this idea would be to make these two different modes of the mystic mortars. Where the player could choose which mode the mortar was in. (with the shot from the mortar causing the effects mentioned.

4. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I suggested a voodoo forcefield a while back where only voodoo hut pirates could penetrate to destroy the forcefield, but I like your idea with the towers. In general I like the idea of some sort of voodoo magic for defence.

5. ssula

ssula Powder Monkey

That being said, I think bases are already hard enough to attack without the Guardian tower.

I like the idea of night shade mode IF the radius is relatively small. Like the radius of a gun tower, or smaller.

6. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Well, how about two REALLY expensive buildings that take a week to build or upgrade and cost a few million to re-arm? The buildings are great, but I would NOT like to be an attacker to a base with Nightshade mode.