Blocked Word In Chat

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by ll DarkZero ll, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Why does it appear that the word "sex" appears to be blocked in chat messages? It seems to be the only word that's blocked. I was using it in a joke and after 5 times of the replay not posting I narrowed it down and had other members try and type it in and got the same no post result.

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There are several words blocked in chat, I'm not going to list them, though. I commented about this in another thread (link below), and I also gave Midoki a blocklist I wrote that will catch all naughty words that are safe to block (won't affect normal conversation). Sex is one that isn't safe to block, because it knocks out a ton of commonly-used words. I mean c'mon. We're pirates! *somebody* is gonna say the word sextant at some point! The three-letter one in assimilate is another that's not safe to block.

As to when or if that blocklist will be used, you'd have to ask the devs :cool:

Previous thread: http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/chat-profanity-filter-needs-work.1107/

3. I bet more than a few read this and went to game to check if its true lol

Edward Kenway likes this.
  4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

When I ran across it, it was by accident. (Essex was blocked. repeatedly). When I started complaining about it, someone in my guild said "what the F--- are you going on about?" which of course was not blocked. Only the English would block the word sex, but not that ;)

Gangrene Beard likes this.