bomber AI? Ai in general... Just a few gripes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alaskanpipeline, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Kaboom doesn't always work on some new base designs, the one with the 3 layers of short walls spaced out, each row getting longer as they get closer to the base, back end is closed off with all 3 ships, have you seen these? Dropping Bombers in the middle (20 Maxed) of the first wall causes them to run in a diagonal line all the way to the front of the base, only option is to hit Kaboom at the edge as they will run straight into GP fire on their own. What people want is a unit that just targets walls, like the Wall Breaker in Clash of Clans, they die as soon as they hit the wall.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Totally agree yeti, it WOULD shake up base design, there's noting as boring as hitting the same base over & over & over again.

3. crimezone

crimezone Powder Monkey

My base design is like you mention, three ship guarding the back, side is open with GP guarding, and in front 3 layer spaced out wall preventing bomber to attack directly to my main wall. I got attacked once where, after a bunch of gunner destroyed the building surrounding the 3 spaced out layer of wall, the bomber that was deployed right into the middle, broke through the layered walls (skip the first layer wall, because its to short) reaching my main wall guarding my base. So it's possible, but still hard to replicate. Unfortunately I can't watch the replay again because of the new update in the PP client.

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Well every single time I try they won't go to the middle, they skip the whole way to either side, I'm using 19 sometimes 20 Bombers. I can't get them to go directly to the centre.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

yes I actually made an improved variant on that I was using for a while (and the original design is very easy to beat if you know how - send two equal groups at opposite diagonals from the bottom and bomb in from the bottom corners, not the middle, with HG following, they'll clear the GP and mortars before your troops take any real damage).

I'm ok with them adding a new troop that just runs at walls and dies with no corpse. I just don't think that should be the current bomber, since I like the system where he takes one path, and then you can coerce him into using the other path.

Keep in mind if you have bombers on your guildship, you can use Kaboom twice, so having several walls shouldn't be an issue, especially if you clear side buildings first!

# Johnny Doe # and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Thanks, that's actually a great idea, I'll try it out.

7. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

Thanks Skye for your knowledge. I finally get it now. :)
    And that works great.

8. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Just had a horrible battle, still a 2* but should have been a 3*, Bombers stopped attacking a triple layer wall to run the whole way around to another section of wall (half of them attacked the shipo_O), never seen them stopping like that so badly. It's times like these I really wish they would just stick to their job. Also dropped all my Skellies at the end of the base thinking they'd follow the new path made by the Bombers, but nooooo, they walk the whole length of the long base in through the top, even though the storages in the back end was closer.

9. crimezone

crimezone Powder Monkey

Maybe, because of the "5 hit find another target" (or whatever you called it)rule of bomber. I dont like it either.

10. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

No usually when they start on walls they continue, unlike hitting buildings, they got hit by Mortar fire after getting through the first layer of walls, they got the "!" over their heads & half ran to the ship, the rest starting breaking through the back walls of the base. I never seen them stop hitting walls like that before.

11. Alaskanpipeline

Alaskanpipeline Powder Monkey

Thank you all for the great responses. I sincerely appreciate it and have learned a little bit. However, Midoki has turned this game into a mouse trap maze..... It's frustrating to watch jugs runoff to side with w doctor, and bombers and gunners get pummeled.... And 25 skellys on ground, and wd stays on a jug beating up an academy out of range of fire.....

And if you just play mobile, you can't even work on redesigning your base a bit at a time. Have to do it all in one sitting. Between the loot, the AI, lack of wallbreakers, only a few members playing... (I assume because it showed me same base again 3 times in a 15 next search). This game is getting harder and harder to click on. I thought Midoki would give COC a run for its money, but this turned into some bizarre maze game with 183 different heroes and side tasks that are all tedious