Bounty hunting

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Bear, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think it would be awesome if there was a new tap on the Leaderboards for bounties.

The way it would work: if you were beat by someone and wanted revenge, but didn't feel like you could best the person you could put a Bounty on their head.
    Just offer up x amount of gold/grog/gems from your personal stash as a reward. And select how many stars you want achieved.

So say @Kelani attacked me. I could offer up 100 gems for a 3* attack on him.

Anyone wanting to Bounty hunt could browse the bounty list on the Leaderboards. If you lose the attack then you get nothing, but if you get the right amount of stars then you get the rewards.

Some thoughts
    * You can only offer a Bounty on someone who has defeated you. (to prevent bullying)
    * Someone can only be put on the bounty board once a month. (to prevent bullying)
    * Bounty board could be sorted by reward type (gem/gold/grog)
    * The rewards are taken from you the moment you place the bounty.
    * A Bounty will expire after 1 week.(returning any reward you offered. I hope your storages aren't full!)
    * Once the bounty is complete, the replay is made available to the person who placed the bounty, as well as the person who collected it.

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Works for me ;)

Bear likes this.
  3. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

I would like it more if it costs a little for the attacker to take the challenge.
    If an island successfully defends the attack them this cost goes to them.

Bear likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

That would be a good addition. Maybe something small though, like 10k gold

5. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

And just so we're on the same page @Bear...
    You're offering 100 gems if I 3-star @Kelani?
    Awesome! :D

Kelani likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yes. Payable upon me receiving the replay in game. Lol

7. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

I think that has lots of room for bullying and exploiting. People could purposely not 3 star an enemy to keep him on the bounty list.
    During a rumble there are some guilds that have 3 or more sister guilds a bounty placed on rival in rumble could get bullied during the rumble by sister guildmates.
    What happens if person just pops a week shield after he is targeted which also has month cool down.

Offer an alternative let me know what you think. Instead of using your revenge you can share it to your guild with a message. Like hey can someone take this guy down. Or name someone and ask them. Once someone in guild takes the revenge option win or lose its gone just like personal revenges. So make sure no loose cannons jump on requests if they can't win.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Love the idea, but trust me, my base isn't worth 100 gems :)

Bear likes this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Being on the bounty board wouldn't effect shields. If someone 1* or 2* someone they will still get a shield. And the bounty expires after a week. So they can't be kept up there. It would take an ungodly amount of coordination from every member of the game to keep someone up there a week.

10. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

The other thing that could happen is they could redesign there base to let a friend beat them as soon as they log off there friend now gets the reward. I am not opposed to it I just see it easily exploited as opposed to being used for what it was intended. I definitely think it should at least be limited to ones own guild not free for all.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think people are desperate for loot and bragging rites. I'm sure if this was implemented it would be heavily used.

You can even scale which bounties are offered by ph lvl. That way a ph 5 doesn't have to look at bounties that are ph 9.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

While I love the idea in general, I could see it being abused by those couple players that gamed the system to get to the top of the leaderboard. They were mostly wiped off which was nice, but I feel like it would make it easier for players to do it again, and to keep their ranks up there.

I'm sure with some tweaking it could work out nicely though.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.