BP Farming! My 2 cents on the matter...

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Captain Kasra, Aug 31, 2015.

1. So yesterday i was in a rumble and spent around 200 gems attacking, gaining 586BP and as we won we got 450BP and done all the errands and was online almost all the time and managed to get 100bp from errands, i managed to squeeze 1000BP for a whole day of non stop attacking and yet i am 4000BP short for upgrading academy and my legendaries and it really feels like this game has become a chore more than fun, i guess it's unfair that before the update most of the players advanced through academy upgrades by attacking Bigger Fish and yet when it's needed the most there is absoloutely no way of providing it with that speed.
    Here's a recap of how much BP at least you will need:
    Academy Lvl 6: 15k
    lvl7:25k
    lvl8:35k

Legendaries will take at least around 20k to reach the max level right now and imagine you will get all 12 and there will definitely be more upgrades...

Even with purchasing gems with additional BP and EP rewards, it'll take light years for new players to even pass maxing PH6!

and some may skip upgrading Academy or Legendaries but in the end you have to do it and with lack of material aside, BP is really needed...

P.S. in some regions it's not possible to purchase gems even if you want to do so(for example i'm from Iran and can't purchase anything) so geming my tavern will be an issue as i only have the gems rewarded in game. but i may be the only exception in that matter so just focus on the lack of the BP

Calabiyau and John56 like this.
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Legendaries actually take around 50k BP to make it to lv 20, and Blackbeard which goes to lv 25 needs over 90k!

I also greatly agree that BP gains should be increased, and it feels very unfair to new players.

To gain the 90k to max Blackbeard, if you manage to put up over 2k bp every single day in a rumble, and win that rumble for bonus bp, you'll have to do that every day for a month straight.

Exploring, you can still make a decent amount of BP if you farm battered chests. It won't be the 2k+ we used to average every day off the bigger fish, but if you hit the closest monster to the base on a 30 minute journey 20+ times a day, you could probably make 500-750bp a day farming chests with a bit of luck. This won't make or break anything, and its a TON of work, but you can do it.

There is a new map planned to come out, and there is a new scoring system for Rumbles that is planned, and I'm hopeful that with those changes the BP gained will be significantly better. For now, I'd advise just focusing on doing the academy and not worrying about the really expensive Legendary upgrades. You can still probably farm enough bp for AC8 in a week or two, if you play very diligently (one attack an hour every hour you're awake). Before, it took around 10 days to make enough purely off fishing, now with rumble bonuses and the lower loot from exploration, it will probably take about 15 days winning every rumble, with at least ten attacks a day, and a moderate amount of fishing.

I don't think Midoki is planning on almost anyone maxing out all of the legendarys for a long time. In fact, I think they're hoping it takes people months to max them out, so they don't have to rush new content as fast.

3. @Skye great suggestions about gaining BP, and about battered chests, all i ever got was mostly gold and grog, the most bp i got from a chest is 150 :D i totally gave up on legendaries upgrade just up to lvl 3 if i have the materials to keep my silo away from being full.
    Intresting news on the new map, hope it comes soon, though i really doubt we can ever have the 700-2000bp big fish again but it's sth to look forward to.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Battered chests don't always give bp, and they don't usually give much, but you can farm a lot of them quickly!

5. Great idea Skye, though battered chest don't give that many bp you can still farm enough.Since I started to rumble every day, I get more bp than I used to and I also started hunting those 5* monsters,in hope that I will get a Davy Jones chest.

6. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

No! Dont! Davy Jone Chests normally give Iron (Crab material, literally)

7. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

You can really get lucky and pull Davy Jones' Chest from many different and weaker monsters, not necessarily just 5*.

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

Have had a few Davy Jones Chests with nothing but gold, grog and EP.. :(

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

every davy jones chest i've gotten is only ep/bp/grog

10. Quantity overpowers Quality about chests

11. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

I just streak for treasure chests. I have not reached past 150 though. One day I will.

12. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Lol, since this thread is now necro'd has anyone seen big fish giving the old BP rewards?

13. I hit 2,000 BP today from the big fish. 800 a couple of days ago. And I got a battered chest in between! So it is possible to still get a good reward