Breaching Level 8 and 9 walls

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Red Privateer, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

North of 700, I am seeing many bases with Level 8 and Level 9 walls. Any advice on attacking these bases? (Composition of force, plan of deployment). Thanks!

2. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

With max troops and WD you can achieve success with full frontal or full rear attack (weaker of the two). Or use the bombers to help break through those double walls and attack from the flank. All bases are capable of starring at that level, but not sure if all are capable of achieving 100%, which is what you will soon need to gain +1 rank. Anything less than 100% you get +0 gain in rank. Not sure if you have reached that point yet that you will need 100% to get a +1 rank gain. Takes lots of trial and error, which stinks as gaining rank is so difficult at that rank, you hate to lose any battle. Good luck.

3. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

In not THAT high yet, so I still gain for one and two stars. In thinking of changing how I deploy my WDs, sending one out althOugh and bombers so they last longer.

4. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I can't help with WD, mine always follow one lone troop instead of the group. I always deployed two WD spread out to cover max area. Kept third in reserve. I always attacked from weakest point only. Send two WD after first wave of troops. Keep third third WD to send in behind second wave of gunners. Realize this probably doesn't tell you anything you don't already know, but it might help other players who are following the thread with less experience. Also, troops need to be max (except WD) to penetrate those high level bases and your base needs to be maxed to have any hope of hanging on to those rank points once you get up there with the fully maxed out players.

5. Midleton

Midleton Crew

6. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

In not quite to max, but I ought to be shortly. I still have some breathing room...