Bring Back Rumble Rivals!!

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by kevedge001, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Whilst I appreciate this has been removed to help eradicate the mini advantage, a large part of the fun was seeking out your rumble rivals and taking them down (or not in my case). I'd really love to see this feature reintroduced.

... and while your at it, please bring the 6min per gem recruit time back please :)

WePillageYou likes this.
  2. Omg yes please bring back rumble rivals!! I captain a guild where we are motivated to destroy our rumble rivals. Today's rumble has not been as fun for us so far! Please bring it back? There must be some other way to eradicate minis?

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

It didn't even get rid of the mini problem, many guilds have still been matched against minis. Only now, one of the only defenses they had against the minis (destroying them for extra rival bp), is taken away.

From what I hear, rumble rivals can still appear, but the banner indicating they're a rival is not currently showing (a bug, not intentional). In the meantime, if there's a specific guild you're targeting, try and memorize some of the players names that are at similar PR to you. I could be wrong on this account, but its plausible.

4. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Thanks for the tip Skye, my memory certainly isn't up to that.

However, it does appear to be fixed, just under maintenance and first battle back and the rumble rival banner appears!! Whoop.

WePillageYou likes this.
  5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yay! Fixes are better than memorizing names :)

(oh, and if it ever happens again, you can see how much bp a base is worth now, so seeing a much higher number pop up would also have been a clue! I just didn't think about that at the time)

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Rumble Rivals weren't removed intentionally. There was a bug that came along with the server issues that meant that that the Rumble Rival aspect of matchmaking UI wasn't kicking in - this was fixed this morning with maintenance. There has been a tweak to it though, so you should see fewer Rumble Rivals that are out of your usual matchmaking range, and more appropriate Rumble Rivals in their place.

7. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Thank you for literally destroying the rumble. I plan on rumbling much less if I can not hit lower level bases. This is such a stupid idea I can Not reiterate enough. You make a ph 9 go against a ph 5 who only needs ten min for a full tavern vs 40 min and I don't even get to get my advantage over them by destroying them? Where is the fun in that. You obviously can not get the like to like ph match ups so why take this away? Was there zero quality control on you new rumble match ups? U promised us minis would be a non issue. Now they are ten times bigger issue. So so so crappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

850arrr and Darth Yoda like this.
  8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Holy SH*T :eek::eek::eek:
    So you're saying that I will no longer see the little piss ant mini when searching for a rival??? Why in the hell not, they have such an advantage over me I should at least be able to level them with two gunners if I want to....we are in a rumble for god's sake.

Wow, I'm just blown away right now, completely blown away by this. When rumbling I expect to be able to attack and be attacked from everyone within the guilds, that's what a rumble is. Sooooo bad, very very bad, put it back please.

9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Well said, +100000000

10. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

There is already sooooo many reasons to have mini islands. I literally wrangle with myself daily over my decision not to have them in my guild. U just gave me 50 more reasons to include them in my guild. And for that.... U suck.