Brute not following rules

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Jolo, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Jolo

Jolo Crew

Brutes take out all defenses before anything else. But, when watching a replay, a Brute attcaked my Academy when there is still a Mortar and a Ship on the island. Why didn't he see them?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Brutes only attack defenses that are in range of him. If there is no defense near him he will attack the closest building.

3. Jolo

Jolo Crew

From Clash of Clans wiki:
    • Brutes prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield.
      Once all defenses are destroyed, Brutes become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Welp. The wiki is wrong. If you insist I'll find the quote from the devs thst say exactly what I told you.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Well, there's your first mistake. ;)

Er, that appears to be a copy and paste from the giant's entry on the Clash of Clans wiki, with the word 'giant' replaced with Brute. The Brute will prioritise defences if they're in the near vicinity, otherwise he'll hit whatever's closest. The only pirate that completely focuses on defences regardless of proximity is Ching Shih.

Bear likes this.
  7. Jolo

Jolo Crew

Oh! There are some differences.