Brutes freeze during battle

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by DobleTippen1st, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Two Brutes froze on wreckage of destroyed cannon about 1 minute into battle. They remained there until the battle timed out. The other pirates (Gunners and Thieves) moved and fought normally. My Hall is level 4, my ship is level 2, the brutes are level 4 (+200 and +250 toughness, and +25 damage).

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I had this problem too 2 times today, but with my gunners instead. For no reason they were just standing still.
    @Chris [Midoki] check this out.

3. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Sure, I'll check this out :) We think it's a knock on effect from the mortar push back, but don't worry it's being investigated

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yes it only occurs after the mortar. Very very rare though, but it still happens.

5. WARCALL

WARCALL Powder Monkey

My brutes are freezing during battles after they destroy a mortor or cannon, causing me to lose the battle...

6. Admin [Midoki]

This will be fixed in the next update

7. dmgursky

dmgursky Powder Monkey

Just happened to me to -- I went in to and engagement with three "Brutes" and thirteen "Gunners" -- the Brutes very nicely dispatched the mortar after 18 seconds and then stayed there. The Gunners continued to operate properly, attacking the tower, the Guild Hall, a cannon, and the finally Lodge, all within the first 30 seconds of the encounter. They continued to operate until they were eliminated in the next 25 seconds. Meanwhile, the Brutes remained frozen for the remaining 2:05 of the encounter.

[@Chris from Midoki -- I've sent in a notice to support@midoki with more details. I hope it is useful to you and your team.]

8. Admin [Midoki]

As I said in the previous post, this has been fixed in the next update. There's no need to report this anomaly anymore

9. placo

placo Crew

I'm getting the same problem except it's all my troops not just brutes. Some fight and some stay frozen, but it's not just brutes.

10. My problem with Brutes is partly a question. If they are the defence destroyers why when I deploy them don't they always just head towards the nearest defence weapon, I've lost several raids because they've decided to take out other buildings first when taking out defences is their speciality!

11. They have a certain "range" like the cannons. The range of a brute is similar to a level 8 cannon if i'm not mistaken

12. I know this is a different game but in other TDs the defence smashers head strait towards the defences totally ignoring other buildings. It's just a little frustrating when trying to strategise.

13. Yeah different game different rules, it's understandably that it is confusing. But now you know for future strategic planning