Brutes not attacking defenses

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by MorganFlint, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I couldn't find this mentioned on the forum anywhere: when I deployed my brutes to attack, instead of going to the defenses, they just attacked whatever was closest while the defending artillery just mowed them down. This happened a couple of times. Aren't they supposed to go for defenses first, like giants in coc?

2. Brutes have a range, they will attack defenses within this range. The range is comparable with that of a level 8 cannon.

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Exactly this, so be mindful of where you place them. Also be mindful of what is actually closer. Sometimes you'll deploy to the beach you want them to invade and they'll go the other way because a building is closer.

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

They do have a range, but they also have a mind of their own. Sometimes they just say nah, I gonna ignore that cannon and attack something else right now. Better than just standing there...*cough* *juggs*

Sigil likes this.
  5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

That's more what it seems like. I've had them zero in on the defenses, and other times I've put them down right by a cannon, but they go for the building next to the cannon first and get destroyed.