Build the isle adherent to an agle

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by fabrigatti, Dec 15, 2014.

1. fabrigatti

fabrigatti Powder Monkey

Hi,

Does anyone of you have experienced any benefits by building the isle very close (or adherent) to an angle of the available territory?
    I haven't tried yet but I'm quite keen on it. The upper left corner looks good to me and in any case with such layout I could better spend my cannons, towers, etc. and I'd only have 2 sides to protect. Don't you agree?

Thanks
    Fabrizio.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm pretty sure that people can still drop troops on all sides.

3. TBird

TBird Captain

Yelp... Tried that earlier on, as long as there's water, they can drop troops.
    And you can't push your island all the way up to that land mass

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Generally this only accomplishes encouraging your attackers to come in from the open water side. It doesn't protect you anymore but there can be psychological advantages. I have yet to see it used effectively though

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I found it was more difficult to drop troops in the space between the island and that corner. But I've always felt the allowable drop zone near the surf is too far away from land anyway. In that corner, it definitely makes it more difficult for me to drop.

6. Christy

Christy Commodore

Tried it. Epic fail!!!