Building

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Captain MetaTauta, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

on a 45 degree angle to water instead of just 90 degree. Like to be able to utilize rock corners... Any thought?

And before it happens...fisheye thinks this idea sucks bla bla bla

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

This hasn't been suggested for all objects, but it has been brought up in the discussion on bunkers.

I like the idea in theory, but I don't think it will happen soon. There may be some challenges graphically as well as on the programing side of things.

3. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

It would make great use of the space and add another dimension to the game. I hope it makes it bear...

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's certainly an interesting idea but man would it be challenging for the developers

Kelani likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It would definitely be a challenge. I think the easiest way would be if the footprint of the bunker remained fixed (keeping the square map), but the bunker itself could rotate. Either way, it'll give someone a few more gray hairs.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You think after visiting the forums and trying to code this game they have hair left? You must mean beards.

Kelani, The Fish Eyed Pirate and Bear like this.
  7. That is very well politically stated, maybe something I should do more often. Or maybe not..

Bear likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I call it letting them down softly.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  9. Not my best talent, but it doesn't mean i'm always negative. It depends on the quality of the suggestion :p

Bear likes this.
  10. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Lol. I have a tendancy to be a little harsh in these situations myself. I try to avoid these threads so I'm not constantly poopooing people.

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@The Fish Eyed Pirate
    @donkeykilla

Here's a few ways I let people down when they suggested problematic features on my sites. They all worked pretty well, so feel free to use them, if you like. :D
    • Wow, that's a really great feature suggestion! This will definitely be given full consideration. However, it is incredibly difficult to implement, so if I decide to add this, it may take a while. And by a while, I mean decades.
    • An excellent idea. Personally, I'd love to add this, but due to the current limitations of (my hardware/my server software/ my bandwidth/your device/ the programming language), it's just not possible. I'm sure you're upset about this. I am also. let's be patient, and maybe we'll get lucky in a few years?

• I really like this feature, but it presents grave security concerns. In fact, last year, someone exploited a similar feature on ASPCA.com to redirect a truckload of rescued kittens to a euthanasia center. So, I could add this feature, but ask yourself: do you really want the blood of a thousand dead kittens on your hands?

donkeykilla likes this.
  12. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Ahhh. The passive aggressive approach. My wife is an expert, I myself am more of an openly aggressive criticizer. I'll try some of your scripted responses.

Kelani likes this.
  13. +1 here, I'm not one to say great feature, but I actually don't really like it..