Bunker?

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by AnnabelleLechter, Oct 21, 2014.

1. AnnabelleLechter

AnnabelleLechter Powder Monkey

Hey, I hope I'm posting in the right place, and hoping I'm not asking something that gets constantly asked.

So right now my bunker is under construction but I don't really get what it does. Is it like a mortar, where it shoots? Or does just having it give me a bump in defense? I'm not sure if I should put fences around it or leave it out to keep attackers away from my important stuff.

2. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

It's more like a machine gun sorta weapon. It's not very powerful but has high hit points so it slows down attackers. I wouldn't think of it as worth surrounding with walls.

3. The bunker is mostly like a machine-gun canon; it rapidly fires low power shells straight at its target. The shells travel quickly and don't arc like a mortar shell.

The bunker's chief constraint is it fires in a 45 degree arc out of one "face"; so you have to orient it towards a suspected avenue of approach. A bunker can be attacked with impunity from three of its sides.

When you get the second bunker, you can use them together in interesting ways. Just look at other islands.

4. AnnabelleLechter

Thank you! So for now I won't wall it in. Seems like it's better to keep it out as a target.

5. Don't waste the firepower; every little bit helps.

A common use is to place a bunker close to and oriented toward an important asset and within range of at least one cannon or mortar. That way, if the attackers hit the bunker from one of its blind sides, the other weapons damage them. On the other hand, if the attackers attack the asset, the bunker hoses them with fire.

Another common use is to orient it across the most common avenue of approach to hose down the attackers as they walk in front of it. For example, outside a wall's corner and oriented to fire parallel to the wall. When the attackers are beating on the wall to get in, the bunker hoses them down from the side.

6. AnnabelleLechter

Nice! Thanks. Really appreciate the help.