Buried treasure chest

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Natas, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Natas

Natas Powder Monkey

i think it would be cool if once you had gold and grog maxed you could bury it as treasure to protect it. There would need to be a cost like gems etc. cause once your island is maxed gold is useless till next update. Grog only for recruiting. This way you could also keep plundering and saving till another update etc.

Smelly_Vile, Pirate!, Christy and 3 others like this.
  2. I think that's an amazing idea! Or if you're logging off for the night, and would rather take your chances with strategy then a lump sum of a raid from storage and collectors.

3. Natas

Natas Powder Monkey

Yes I think can be fine tuned. But has huge merit for in strategy and use

4. Downside would be Midoki wouldn't make money in Gems for shield purchases as easily, but I don't know anyone who buys those anyhow

5. TBird

TBird Captain

You could make so walking directly over the buried chest location makes it discovered... or have it as a flower pot like the mines... make people go out of there way to try to find it. Is that flower a treasure or a mine?

6. Natas

Natas Powder Monkey

That's a good idea also. Also if you made it were gems had to be used to create then that would satisfy game makers I beleive

7. Yeah, gems would, and would most likely they'd get more money that way. I would never buy a shield, personally, just seems like I could earn the money back through plundering much more quickly with those gems then what I save without.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Many people think shields are too underpriced, making them easy to abuse. Maybe if they boosted the shield gem cost, they could curb that problem, and add something like this idea.

9. Tex

Tex Commodore

Great idea! Just limit the amount of gold you can bury. Maybe it is upgradeable so with each upgrade you can store more. This would have been especially useful for newbs who are having trouble saving because they keep getting ransacked.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't like the idea of controlling what you put in the chest. I think that once you max a resource anything over max automatically goes in the chest. The chest couldn't be looted in raids. Let the chest be bought with gold or a combination of gold and grog. The. Let people level it up to hold more resources.

11. Christy

Christy Commodore

Maybe a new pirate equipped with a shovel to dig up treasure on others islands :D

12. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Good idea Christy. And let what u find be random like a lottery. Many ppl get one gem, a few 100 gems, maybe a 1,000 gem. If you're really like u can get that 10k gem one. Never know until you're pirate digs it up. But that pirate will cost a few tavern spaces.

13. Christy

Christy Commodore

Awesome idea!!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  14. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

Any way to get this on the feature list @Kelani ? I per used, but didn't see it. I just see that similar ideas have been mentioned from time to time.

Perhaps this might be implemented well as a combo trap/storage. Island owner gets to select anywhere they want to "bury" it, maybe a 1x1 or 2x2 square (at most, needs to stay hidden). If player walks directly over it, trap is sprung immediately killing troops in area (or at least causing severe damage). Once found, location is revealed and if another troop crosses over the loot is theirs. Level possibilities:

Level 1 - cost 100k gold or grog, store up to 500k of whatever you want (player can transfer any resources between here and storages at any time, perhaps for a price?), damage is kill 3 troops in immediate area or poison troops in immediate area causing them to die slowly and/or become disoriented and walk away from the hiding spot for at least a certain number of spaces or time.
    Level 2 - cost 1m gold or grog, store up to 2m, kill 6 troops (or whichever scenario from above), can split into two hiding spots
    Level 3 - cost 6m gold or grog, infinite storage, still only two hiding spots, cannot hide more loot than you are able to max in storage at your ph level (ie not based on the level of storage you have built so far), if your storage is all full to the max allowed by your ph level, you can hide unlimited resources.

Note: juggs not automatically attracted to it like. Also, once revealed I think it should be shown as an 'X' just for fun. Loss should probably be 100% if it is crossed a second time. Resets automatically. Warning/special icon if it gets found/taken so you can move it if you want.

I am aware this is all very loose numbers/concepts, but I think it'd be a fun addition! Hopefully that's not too confusing or difficult.

Kelani likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think I understand you. There have been a few features requested for treasure chests/secret storage, but not a trapped one. I like it :) Let's see what others have to say, but yeah, I can probably get behind adding that.

My only concern would be the parts about the trap being visible to the next raider, and definitely the ability to lose 100% of the contents. IMO, if I was going to pay for, and use this for loot storage, It'd have to be safer than my heavily-defended stores. So, I'd recommend:

-Resets after each raid
    -Has a set plunder % much lower than storages (Maybe 10% per raid).

I like the idea of it giving guaranteed kills, or poisoning troops. As far as the number of unlucky bastards killed, I think it'd be easier to code if it just had a ton of damage, but a very small blast/poison radius, leaving the actual number somewhat random. But, whatever works :)

Pirate! likes this.
  16. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

Thanks for the comment!

Sorry, I totally agree with point 1! I meant the contents are released once the next troop walks over it during the same attack (it should definitely reset after the attack is over). I don't think that the initial troops who find it should also claim it :). But, if only 10% can be taken, the owner shouldn't get unlimited storage. I don't think it'd be fair to store an unlimited amount in perpetuity. I also think that, since you can hide it (gaining significantly from it) your loss should be equally more.

17. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Interesting idea. Here's my suggestion which builds upon this idea:

On the Exploration Map, add a few spots/sites on uncovered/explored areas of the map which can be used as treasure burial sites.

Obviously, each treasure burial site can only hold a certain amoung of gold/grog.

TBird likes this.
  18. Vince

Vince First Mate

@Christy and @CaptainMonkey, I like your idea with the pirate and the shovel :)
    Did you add it to the master list?

Christy likes this.
  19. Christy

Christy Commodore

I don't know how to add it to the master list but still love the idea :D

20. Only list maintainers can do that:
    Battle Improvements: @The Fish Eyed Pirate
    Build Improvements: @Bear
    Guild/Exploration: @Gangrene Beard
    General Improvements: @Kelani