Can Buff's stack?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by WinstonCOV, Nov 30, 2015.

1. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

I'm just curious if buff's can effectively stack? I'm asking because I've noticed that when skellies are commanded by ching, and then activate marrow shield, it seems like they get killed faster than when they are normally activating the marrow shield. Now that there are buffs from streaking and LP costumes, I would like to know if these can and do actually stack.

For instance, Captain Tinto can use his Tiny Tyrant ability to buff commanded pirates attack and reduce damage. If Captain Tinto buff's Skellies with his ability, and the skellies activate marrow shield, and a streak buff adds 10% toughness to skellies, and a WD is deployed - will all this work together?

In this same situation, but Tinto is wearing the Halloween costume that buff's/debuff's buccaneers, and he commands a mix of buccaneers and skellies, will the costume buff work with the tiny tyrant buffs, and the streak buffs, and the WD protection, and the Buccaneer's berserk, and the Skelly marrow shield?

@Lynsey [Midoki] - can you please comment on this? Has the math been tested/verified? Are there any buff's/debuffs that absolutely DO NOT stack?

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I would love to know a bit better about how they stack as well. And I'm sure there are probably some buggy conditions when you have a lot of buffs being applied :)

From what I've seen the WD protection is applied first (reducing initial damage) and then the 50% reduction happens after that. Otherwise most defenses would do almost no damage whatsoever.

The toughness buffs and Tinto's buff to toughness seems to add more to the invisible portion of the HP bar, like the TG, where it takes that much extra damage before the normal hp bar shows up. If Tinto dies, his outfit/ability buffs no longer add to the invisible toughness bar. I believe the 100% toughness streak buff also adds a large amount to that invisible HP bar as well, but I haven't watched closely enough to confirm.