Can no longer switch Game Center accts in plunder pirates

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by El Jefé, Oct 26, 2015.

1. El Jefé

El Jefé Powder Monkey

I am having Game Center issues. Had two GC accts, and never had a problem switching between my two Plunder Pirates accts, until about two weeks ago. Now when I switch GC accts I only get the one PP acct, it never asks if I want to load the other, and it used to do so. I feel this is a PP issue as I am still able to switch accts in CoC and some other games. Please help!!!! The acct I cannot access is a captain!!!

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy!

Sorry to hear about your issue. From what you've said, it sounds like you may have accidentally overwritten one of your accounts with the other. If you send an in-game ticket to Rovio support (via Log > Settings > Help > Support) with the details of your issue, including the information about the account you've lost, we may be able to help you to get the overwritten island back.

3. El Jefé

El Jefé Powder Monkey

Did nothing different than I have been doing for several months. And I can still log in to both accts from another iPhone with which the user doesn't play pirates. As I mentioned this is the only game doing this. All others with multiple accts via multiple Game Center accts work the same as always. The acct in question is not lost except to my phone apparently.

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

As Lynsey said, the account is tied to the device. Game Center only serves as a means to access it. I had the same issue. The mistake I made was to access the first account from a different device while accessing the second account on the first accounts device. It caused it to become unlinked (not sure what the technical,jargon would be). Regardless how it was lost. Write support and they can walk you through the steps to correct the issue. Be warned, it is usually not a simple process and will take several back and forth emails over several days to get the issue resolved. Also, I believe you will need to provide them with a method to locate the missing account, beyond just the island name. May need island name and current guild or account ID (which everyone should've taken screenshots of). Good luck.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  5. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

I got lost within the first sentence...then i saw it was @Spongee so I continued but read it in a non-technical voice.
    It says "email support and pray" :D

awbo and Spongee like this.
  6. El Jefé

El Jefé Powder Monkey

Once it was no longer able to be accessed from my phone, I logged into Game Center on a friend's phone that never had the app and downloaded the app. Boom, there is my island. So it isn't missing. Just cannot get it on my phone anymore. Guess it will be my iPad island when I get one Friday.
    Kind of funny it never happened before and I have been switching back and forth many times a day for months, and all the other games with both accts still allow me to switch as before.

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Which brings up my concerns. You said you opened your game center account on his phone. From my understanding, that would mean your PP account is now linked to his phone. So if he downloads PP and starts to play, he will be prompted to load your account first. To take this a step further, if he sells his phone to a stranger and does not properly clear the device, that stranger will have option to load your account should they download and start to play PP. Curious if I am incorrect in my assumptions about accounts being linked to devices. Would a total stranger at some point be able to play your account?

The reason I mention this. I have purchased used ipads before on ebay (I recommend refurbished from Apple). When I go to start up my coc account on one of them, every single time it gives me option to load the prior owners coc account.

Just a word of caution for those paranoid about protecting their PP investment.