Cancelling troops: Too easy to do.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Kelani, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

When you tap the portrait of a troop you're hiring, it cancels it without any confirmation. This makes it easy to do accidentally, and given the high time/cost for some troops, it can be very annoying and expensive.

I don't want a confirm popup, but how about making it so that cancelling only happens if you tap the red pentagon with a minus at the top right of each portrait? It's a much smaller, and logical target, and would greatly reduce the number of accidental cancellations.

850arrr, # Johnny Doe # and ElGordo like this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I haven't had a problem really, but I see where this is a great idea! +1

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I leave the screen open so I can finish the hiring when the gem count drops to an acceptable level (like, 1 or 2), and do it all the time. Usually when trying to swipe out, or some other gesture. Heard a couple people complain about it as well, so I know it's not just me :)

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

And you created a new thread instead of posting with theirs? For shame @Kelani! For shame! :)

In other news, I wouldn't be opposed to your proposed solution. It sounds simple and elegant which I like. If it garners enough support it may be seen soon.
    +1 from me

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ouch, I've been GB RebukedĀ® :eek: Guess I should have mentioned those complaints were in my guild. I may have the rank, but my pack of Lady Pirates have me pretty well trained to do all their grunt work. :D

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I'm sure you are refunded if you tap on the minus, perhaps not if halfway through a new troup but for troups not yet started i am 99% sure you are refunded. Let me know about the 1%

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I believe you are refunded 50% of the cost, no matter how complete that troop is.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  8. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Yep tested it and definitely don't get a full refund

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I don't play any of the other games in this genre, but from what I've read 50% seems to be the standard for troop/building cancellations. I'm fine with that, just hate when I cancel something I need. Especially if it's Frankenberry or a WD that's 7-8 minutes into a 10 minute build :eek:

10. yeti

yeti Captain

So if i accidentally queue too many and scale back before they even come close to starting i lose 50%? That's crazy

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

50% of the cost per unit, yup.

12. Poppa Bob

Poppa Bob Crew

It's easy to over tap. I don't think there should be any penalty.

Related to this might be a warning for returning pirates that the ship is full or in the process of recruiting before either cancelling recruited pirates or losing all the returning pirates. Several times I've knuckle tapped my pirates returning from a voyage into oblivion or cancelled a large recruitment by mistake.

MorganFlint, Tiger Claw and 850arrr like this.