Can't change guild required rank?

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by Speedfreak, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Speedfreak

Speedfreak Powder Monkey

I'm the captain of the guild and when I type in the desired rank level it doesn't give me a done option on the keyboard any ideas or help would be appreciated thanks in advance

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's a glitch that happened to me. Force close the app(double tap home button, then swipe up). Once you reopen the app it should work.

3. Arabiz

Arabiz Powder Monkey

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem. I have tried swiping up and closing the app. Upon opening the app again and entering the required rank the ok button does not appear. Any other workaround would be greatly appreciated? Thanks
    (Iphone 6+ IOS 8.1)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

I have this exact same problem and and using the same set-up, iPhone 6+ with iOs 8.1. I just upgraded to an iPhone 6+ from a 5, the 5 had no problems but the 6+ does. Hopefully someone can see if this is a bug that needs fixing as we want more guild members so need to drop the required rank to entice some newcomers.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Force close all apps(double tap home button then swipe up), reset phone and then try relaunching the app. If that fails to work contact support@rovio.com. Most have been able to fix it by just force-close.

Good luck!

6. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

Hi Gangrene Beard, thanks for the advice. I'm a bit of a nerd and force close my apps all the time, I never leave them running in the background and it hasn't helped the guild requirement issue. It has been like this since November when I upgraded to the 6+ so maybe it's a peculiarity of that model? Anyway I will email Rovio support as you suggest and will put any updates on here.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Crud. I'm only on a 5S so here's hoping it's fixed soon. Do you have any other idevices you can load the game on?

8. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

Sadly not, all our other Apple devices are being used by the rest of the family so have their version of Pirates on. I'm going to email Rovio now. Will report back.

9. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

Nooooooooooo @Gangrene Beard ! Reply from Rovio support:

Hello
    and thanks for contacting us!

Unfortunately this is a problem on Apple's end according to our developers. You could try to get a third party keyboard, for example SwiftKey, on your device and this way you might be able to change the required rank.

If this does not help, you could try to promote somebody else to be the Captain for a while and let them change the required rank. After this they can promote you back to Captain.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you get the required rank changed!

10. I didn't expect that! That sucks.. Hope you can work something out!

11. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

I don't really want to install a third party keyboard as I have read they ask for all sorts of personal data so who knows what they are logging as you use their app. Being a control freak I am not sure about making someone captain and then asking for it back again. Seems a faff to do something as basic as change guild rank, hopefully it will be fixed sometime in the future but it didn't seem like it is coming any time soon seeing as it's at Apple's end.

On the upside at least we know it's an issue for anyone else who has the same query.

One idea I had was to allow First Mates to change guild rank too, then at least we can have a pool of people who might be able to do it - or have some sort of Co-Captain rank if people don't want to give all First Mates that ability.

12. Yes there has been a lot of talk about solutions like that, also granting first mates to edit the MoTD, adding an additional rank and some other stuff. You can find it at the guild improvements masterlist.
    And Midoki has promised some new toys for guilds in the upcoming update(s)

KayJay likes this.