Can't get message of the day to save

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by Christy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Christy

Christy Commodore

For some reason when I change the message of the day it will not save and returns to the previous message. I've tried from both my iPad and my iPod. Won't work. Then I thought maybe you could only change the message once every 24 hours. So waited, and still no luck. Changes to guild description save fine. It's ONLY message of the day. Have any other captains had this happen? Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

2. Arr

Arr Captain

I"m going to assume you're hitting "enter" after you're done! It could be lag with the game server you're connected to. Sometimes when I change my MotD, it won't take at all, or will take a few seconds to refresh. Kill the app and try again. Also, give it a few seconds to refresh.

3. Christy

Christy Commodore

Hitting the done button when I am finished. I've reset all my devices and have been trying since yesterday afternoon @Arr Works fine when I update guild description. Saves fine. Just the message. I have no idea what to do :(

4. Arr

Arr Captain

Weird. I was just able to update MotD again. For me - iPad 3 iOS 8.1.2 wifi, iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.1.3 both wifi and LTE.

Might be a little extreme - try logging out of Game Center and logging back in. Following that, reinstall and try again. But you say you've been having issues with both your iPod and iPad, so those measures might not help. Try a 3rd device on a different network? Got a spare iPhone?

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

It was my iPhone and iPad @Arr Ipad 3 iPhone 5. Maybe I will try the Game Center logout and see. This is driving me nuts

6. Arr

Arr Captain

Another thought @Christy - Are you using Swype or a third party keyboard? Try switching back to the default one.

7. Floki

Floki Captain

I had this fixed by 2 ways from memory as it happened about the same time as my gems were sold out.
    1 turn off on devise.
    2 delete app reinstall

Right now its off to do some cleaning.....With fire.555555

8. Christy

Christy Commodore

Ummmmm sooooooo never installed my latest iOS update :rolleyes: works like a charm now :D

Gangrene Beard and Tex like this.
  9. Arr

Arr Captain

Glad to hear! I would submit a bug report to the devs, including your previous iOS version.

Christy likes this.