Can't Synch Account, Can't Play on Two Devices

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Ashraman, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

My problem is complicated, so please bear with me.

In a nutshell: I cannot play Plunder Pirates (PP) on my iPhone and iPad using the same Game Center account.

Detailed explanation: I started playing PP on my iPad and have a level 3 Pirate Hall. Needless to say, I don't want to start over. Today I tried to download and play the game on my iPhone, and that's where my problem manifested itself. I was not logged into Game Center on my iPad when I started playing, but was logged in on my phone. So on my phone, I ended up creating a new base as I searched for a way to synch devices, not realizing I was not logged into Game Center on my iPad.

Realizing the problem, I logged into Game Center on my iPad, only to find that every time after that when I opened PP, the game asked me if I wanted to play my test base account from my phone and delete my main base account.

I attempted to resolve the problem by deleting the game from my cell phone, and deleting the game information from Game Center (using the swipe, delete command in GC) on both my phone and iPad. But somehow the test base info remains stored on GC, so if I remain logged into Game Center on my iPad, PP still asks me whether I'd like to restore my test account and delete my main account every time I restart the game.

So I have in reality two problems:

1. If I am logged into Game Center on my iPad, sooner or later I will accidentally hit the wrong button and delete my main account, so at this point I am forced to remain logged out of Game Center altogether.

2. I can't play the game on my phone using my main base account.

Thanks for any help you can provide with this.

2. han

han Powder Monkey

restart your game from scratch, then i noticed it asks you whether u want to load village from "XXX" account, press ok. It worked for me.

3. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

Han, thanks for trying to help, but you've misunderstood the problem. The last thing I want to do is load the account saved to Game Center as that will overwrite my main game account, which is saved only locally to my iPad.

I'm seeking a reply here from the support staff of the developer.

4. Mavryk76

Mavryk76 Powder Monkey

I actually have the exact same problem but with opposite devices. Literally the same situation though. Hopefully if enough of us state the issue they will see it needs to be corrected.

5. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

Mavryk, thanks for confirming the existence of the problem. I fear this is at least partially a Game Center problem, though.

6. Kurt

Kurt Powder Monkey

I have the same problem. The new game won't overwrite the old game, even if I deleted the old game from mt device and removed it from my Game Center.

7. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hi, if you would like to email support@rovio.com I am sure someone there will be happy to help.
    Thanks!

8. jgba

jgba Powder Monkey

hey, i dont know if you solved it yet! but the way I solved it was:
    go to the Game Center on both devices, log out and log in on the preferable apple account, then change your sign in name, on the first device you log out of.
    now, and I think this is important; the device from which you have gone furthest (the game where you are at level 3), start the game, it should then log you into your game, at the Game Center start popping up with messages on your achieved progress. when that's done close the app and start the app on the other device (the iPhone in my case) and start the game. the game should then ask if you would like to go to the game you started on the iPad, which should lead to discarding your test game, anyway, this worked for me, hope it helps ... arghhhh

9. Henryjolly

Henryjolly Powder Monkey

But here is the problem with support. I was told to bad your game is gone we can't help you. But I know for a fact it is not gone, I keep receiving messages about my island being attacked. This is all after I accidently told it yes when it asked me about deleting my game in favor of my sons account. There has to be a way to reverse the damage. I refuse to believe that all my hard work is gone. If that is true then shame on Rovno for not providing support to this good game and I quit.

10. Henryjolly

Henryjolly Powder Monkey

Jutta, Oct 27 03:32:
    Hey Henry,

and thanks for contacting us!

We're sorry to hear that Plunder Pirates is acting up. It seems that your desired game state was connected to a different Game Center account and you accidentally accepted the wrong game state to overwrite the right one. I'm very sorry to say but there's nothing we can do to get your old progress back, Game Center can only hold one game state at a time so there's no backups which we could use.

We're really sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jutta
    Rovio Support Team

This is unacceptable!!!

11. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I was having a ton of issues playing on two devices (mostly hard crashes) and then I turned off notifications for the game and everything seems to work just fine now.

Give it a try....

12. Henryjolly

Henryjolly Powder Monkey

Fixed! I restored the IPad to the date before this happened and now I have my island back.

Gangrene Beard and Gristle like this.
  13. Landie

Landie Powder Monkey

I learnt about this issue from playing Rise of Kingdoms and Samurai Siege on two iPads linked to the same iTunes account. I have stayed permanently out of game centre because I don't need it....once lost another game base because of the over-writing issue. It isn't the fault of the developers....rather it is an issue of game centre because it only likes one base/island. It would be brilliant if it recognised and stored individual bases no matter how many devices are linked to the one account. Be careful whenever there is a major IOS update as it defaults to turning the game centre on. I had prompts to overwrite from game centre so I went into settings and logged out. <tearing hair out>
    PS only used game centre once when I needed iPad restored at Apple Store. It restored the default base.

14. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I just lost my base due to this problem. Am trying to get it back. Have contacted Support, again. Let's hope this time they actually respond.

15. SaK

SaK First Mate

Dont know if it will help u or not....but u can try...

U need to restore ur ipad completely by using itunes with a computer ~ install the game again~ log in with ur account in the GC~u cn get the gamd back till it was synced to GC.

Hope it helps.