Captain's Blacklist

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Tex, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

It would be nice if the captain had ability to blacklist a member if they deemed necessary. This feature would prevent the blacklisted pirate from applying to the guild again.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  2. Glad we haven't needed one, but it seems like a fair idea, one that will benefit all guilds

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree. I have a guy who I kicked for inactivity (played one day a week) in November. Every time we've had an opening, he sends a join request...within minutes. I let him back in once, and made it clear that if he was inactive, he was gone. He was kicked for it the next weekend. And ven after all that, he still sends those damn join requests.

We've also had a few chat spammers and general idiots that try to rejoin. It's difficult for the crew to remember those people, so I list them in our spreadsheet. Having a captain/first mate - run blacklist that shows something like the following when they try to rejoin would be great.

So-And-So requested to join the Guild
    Blacklist: Yes Reason: Kicked previously for being an idiot.

4. Landon

Landon First Mate

Lol kel, what kinda pirates are you recruiting?:confused: We've never had problems other than inactivity from our members who eventually get kicked :mad:

Kelani likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Most of those were walk-ins. Some had busy work schedules, others were in high school/college, and they'd get busy with school. A few were crazy, and randomly flipped out at some point. Another lived in a war zone, so his Internet connection was...spotty. :) We get all kinds.

6. In clash, my clan has a chat devoted to list of blackballed players. In pp, our guild has a forum thread devoted to it. We don't give reason, but if someone is on it they definitely deserved it. This was our workaround because it's not a game feature, but it would be nice to not need to leave game to check.

7. Snowgods

Snowgods Powder Monkey

agreed, even a temporary blacklisting (a week) after being kicked would be good, as it is kicked people can just rejoin straight away.
    Had to change the setting to join by request to stop 1 guy who didn't understand NO, (and he still keeps requesting)

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I agree! And the blacklist should stay in effect even if they get a name change!