Change to Guild Events to encourage participation

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Captain Bolt, Jan 4, 2018.

1. I would like to suggest a change to Guild Events. You have to participate to get the rewards.

Zeros get zero!

I can understand in the battle events where you might be under a shield, but on the exploration event? You can't sail a single square?

I'd love to see a "Minimum Participation Points" setting for Captains to be able to set before a Guild Event. You don't get over that amount then you can not collect the rewards.

If the last attempt at changing the Perk contribution amounts was to drive guild participation, I think the above is a better idea to drive that.

2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

A very good idea and a very good one in all points!!! :) In many guilds are slackers during rumbles and specially during guild events their laziness is driving others mad who participates and try to reach a goal at the reward tree-TOGETHER. Midoki tell's us now many days in advance the upcoming event. No one can say they didn't know about it and the captains also tell their guilds about it. Every one who is still interested to play Plunders knows about the events. Okay, sometimes the event get switched for some reason, but still a event is happening.

I would like to see it too that Capt. set a minimum for different ph levels and those players who doesn't reach it ... no rewards at all or only so many rewards as the player gathers tokens by himself. But this i think gets already a little bit to difficult to build in the game as a feature. But maybe Midoki can work something out and FAST!!!! :D

Or, just opt-in or opt-out for the guild event for every player like in 2 Supercell games :p. That goes for rumbles too.

Or another possibility is: If a player hasn't start to participate in the 1. 2 days after the event has started(but they were still online during that time, and or they haven't informed the Capt. about it why they can't play just then)... he or she stays automatically without any rewards.:confused: OUCH
    I play myself in 2 different guilds and the difference is huge when it comes to participation.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I think there’s still a “kick” button is there not? Only problems I see with the game making our decisions is, what if you have a member who normally contributes but has an issue with their device or a real life issue that happens mid event? I would never want them to miss out just because they missed a couple days of playing. I say let the officers decide who gets rewards. “Kick from guild” still works imo if you don’t think someone is worthy of receiving rewards. You just have to decide how long you let them sit in the guild collecting rewards and doing nothing before they make their way to the plank ;)

I think an opt in/out feature should have been here already for events and rumble matchmaking. Doesn’t seem like too much of a chore to implement. Idk. Then you have the issue where real life gets in the way. People might forget to opt in and can’t participate although they normally would even if they were a little late to the party.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

One option would be to prevent collection of rewards until event is over. That way Captain/QMs can leave deciding who is worthy till near then end - and zeros will truly get nothing! ;)

Sea Patriot and Intimidator like this.
  6. NinjaNurse

NinjaNurse Crew

We set a minimum participation in all such things; rumbles, events and so on. We're lucky to be a social lot so we'll get forewarning of absence and we check in on ill members. Everyone's entitled to holidays, work problems, dropping baby pirates and so on.

But...

No (pre-declared) participation means demotion. Powder Monkey? Only one more demotion from there and that's the plank!

Sea Patriot, MorganFlint and laaafish like this.
  7. Mr Dish Dash

Mr Dish Dash Powder Monkey

We leave it open to all to play....whilst frustrating....it is hoped that in time they will participate....

8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I don’t remember, but, can members new to the game participate and earn rewards? I’m talking about someone who joins the guild after the event has started.

If not, we should also be aware that their zeros shouldn’t mean “kick”, a vigilant captain would know of course.

Another struggle I see for newer players: it’s extremely difficult for players at the first few PH levels to contribute a considerable amount. Sometimes they need three stars for a few tokens.

Thanks,
    SP

9. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

As far as i know, no they don't get rewards if they join a guild AFTER a GUILD event has started. @Sea Patriot :cool:

Yes, plunderpoints at lower ph levels and lower PR's are ridiculous :confused:.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Sea Patriot likes this.
  10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

The low points are to avoid mini islands outscoring max islands, and also to encourage upgrading...BUT it definitely is frustrating. My PH 7 is lucky to get over 100 tokens for a win :( Need to rank up!

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

In some guilds they do...if max island doesn‘t participate at all ;) or max islands participation is very lazy :confused:

12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Yes of course ;) but if they attack an equal number 1:1, and both same star outcome, the max PH should outscore, even at lower rank.