Chat messages go to wrong guild

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by Raptelan, May 11, 2015.

1. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Pretty hilarious really...

I have seen this in my own guild several times after somebody has left, but here is a screenshot from another guild that demonstrates it. In short, for some period of time after a member has left one guild and joined another, the messages they send that are intended to go to the new guild, instead come to the one they left.

Meanwhile we wonder why new members who just joined don't appear to say hello or introduce themselves.

[​IMG]

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  2. Lol, never seen that happen before! :eek:

3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I've had that happen to me several times. Along with chat not knowing what guild I am actually in. Says I am in one guild when I am actually in another. Usually works itself out after 10-15 seconds. Since I jump between our guilds frequently, I probably see it happening more often than most.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

@Spongee - when you've moved to the new guild, does the chat show the name and chat of the current guild, or the previous one?

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I'll take some screenshots next time. I never paid much attention to what actually happens. Just bunched it all together as the same glitch as when you have to promote someone 3x to make them first mate and the completely blank guild chat that shows you are in the new guild with name at top, but no messages are there and nothing you type appears until you shut down and restart the app. Had the blank guild chat happen just yesterday. The stuff I typed was not there when the chat did finally appear. I honestly can't remember if what I typed showed up in the old guild, as I still had an account there but don't remember seeing my own messages from the account that left (in this particular case). But like I said, since the issue usually resolves itself, I never pay much attention.

6. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Is this an old pic or do you just not like to explore your map?

7. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

It's a second account, not very advanced. What does it matter?

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

It doesn't matter. I was just asking because some people don't explore the map and I thought you may be one of them and wanted to hear your reasoning.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

That's too funny

10. That's like 5 accounts i counted I better buy another max island :p