[Christmas Skin Update]-Let's think about the familiarity

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Roserio, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

I really like the designer of Midoki, He/She has great design and colors, I just love it!,

but to speak frankly, though it's beautiful,
    Midoki also has to think about the familiarity of the users.
    (I'm not saying current design is bad, i love it.)

Actually not that many users like dramatic changes,
    (Actually i'm playing on iPhone(iPad on repair) these days alot instead of iPad)
    actually it is confusing and hard to distinguish buildings in small screens, maybe because I'm not that familiar with current color changes..

our eyes has been used to green land and buildings since hundreds of fights,
    so now when you see a base, instantly u can recognize where to attack..
    but now it's taking more time to distinguish where the pirate hall is, where white mortar is, where white fence is, where white gun tower is..etc..
    As the roof is covered with snow, it takes little bit more time to distinguish the buildings.

Sorry to compare, but see how clash of clans(supercell)'s christmas skin update..
    they must had same debate,
    but they added some snows only, and tried to keep the original colors as much as possible to reduce confusion of the many users.

anyway once again,
    it looks so great and pretty :) maybe once i get used to it
    i think i'll love it anyway, you guys are making a lot of people into fun hours.
    keep it up :)

merry Christmas to you all,

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Natureangel and Tex like this.
  2. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

Anyway now i'm little getting used to it.

3. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

1. Please make witch doctor's shield other color, I can't see in the snows well in iPhone.
    2. please make dead skeletons in Red or Yellow or to glow.. hard to see where my dead units are in hectic battle.

4. My skeletons look blue-ish like they are frozen so it's fairly ease to spot them. But agreed that the shield is hard to see. But frankly as this theme is only temporarily it's kinda a waste of there time I think

Bear likes this.
  5. SaK

SaK First Mate

Its not about temporary or permanent...its about feeling good, eyecatching, finding dfns easily while attacking...and etc etc...
    When the middle of the base is glowing...i cant spot a thing while attacking...such an aweful color...

Modoki is doing too much, pushing the graphics too much what is not needed...we alreadt love tge graphics...so thr should be an option to turn it off...

6. Honestly, I think this update is great, and I like the challenge of how the snow camouflages stuff. I'm on an iphone 5, and haven't had any real issue with that personally. In, my opinion, and it's just that, as long as everyone is disadvantaged in the same way, then there shouldn't be a problem with something that challenges the status quo. Especially because it's a temporary update. Give it a month, and the snow will most likely be gone. I really think in some ways this update was Midoki ironing out some kinks before giving us a big update next time around. The theme, was just added to keep the monotony from setting in before then. That being said, I heard someone else saying you could adjust the brightness of your screen and things got easier.

Captain Harlock likes this.
  7. You got 30 seconds now to scout a base. Do you really still have trouble finding defenses? I like to put up a challenge and hide my defenses and boobytrap them. That's what I like about this game.
    But maybe that's just my playstyle. Or maybe i'm just to optimistic I don't know.

8. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

anyway I think it's good to have these critics & debate, and we always feel that Midoki is there with open ears. :)

9. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

I don't think that's a problem because I've already got used to it for two days..

10. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

but in night times...though i've got used to it, it's quite hard to see where my units are in all dark red zone, except witch doctor with shield.

小绿(Green) likes this.
  11. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

Yes I agree with you on the night... Its beautiful but Its a bit harder to identify the buildings.

12. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

More videos please Yoon!!

13. Seeing how people have so much problems with the dark lights, it makes me feel downright awesome!! I've not had any trouble whatsoever...:D

14. yeti

yeti Captain

I love the night raiding! If night's coming up when I'm ready to raid, I wait until it changes over :D

Darth Yoda likes this.
  15. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I actually like raiding at night too. New challenge but really not that hard.

16. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Hold, on i just realized fish eye said we have 30 secs now to scan a base. Wonderful news i haven't noticed cuz I keep pressing start at 14 secs thinking my time is up.

17. Yeah buddy twice the time we had before. No idea why. But we now have more then enough time to scout