Circling the Square

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by ManEatingFish, May 29, 2015.

1. ManEatingFish

ManEatingFish Powder Monkey

as their are many square and rectangular bases, not to mention the odd octagon, I thought I would go with a different approach. Let me introduce you to the perfect double walled circle, which as of yet as not been beat.

What do you think?
    [​IMG]

2. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Ahhhh but has anyone attacked from the right yet

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Interesting...

4. ManEatingFish

Because most defences have circle coverage areas, everywhere is covered by a least 2 items, no jiggly corners that can' tube defended. The East and West are flame traps with plunder to attract them, whilst North and South are ground pounder traps. The circle walls confuse bombers.

Well that is the theory

5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Way too many weak spots where your "double wall" is actually only a single wall piece thick (think diagonally)... Once you learn to spot these you can actually find weak spots in a lot of players' bases, it is a common mistake on diagonal/circular walls.

C.Calamity likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

I like the concept. Please let us know how it works out.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Interesting design. Definitely let us know how it works out for you. :)

Personally, I would send my army right through those flame gates.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Oh yeah. Right through. At first glance I thought the GP covered the flame gates, but they don't. So yeah. A couple juggs will burn out those gates easy

9. ManEatingFish

31 gunnars and 8 bombers could only make one hole, and we're all destroyed by mortar fire as they were concentrated. The hole was due because that piece wasn't upgraded yet. You might find a spot you want to target, unfortunately (or fortunately) the pirate AI is not that good and they tend to go for the higher value they are programmed for. They walk around the wall and get picked off

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  10. ManEatingFish

The flame gates are covered by a mortar, bunker, turret and two cannons plus the wall behind them. Not wasting a pounder on them when they serve as a better trap when gunnars gravitate to the mines.

11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Not true! They can and will readily walk diagonally through a hole made by destroying a single wall piece in your design.

Bear likes this.
  12. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

yup, a bunch of crazy bombers plus sky raiders and flame gate under GP fire trap will not work as expected...