clan trader

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by poo, Sep 13, 2014.

1. poo

poo Crew

ill call it clan trader as its intended for the whole clan. the whole concept of this is to deposit resources for anyone in your clan or trade/give things.

what you can do with him is you can deposit grog, gold, or even gems, or even pirates, but there are litmits. you can upgrade the boat to raise the limit. the system of this is something of like how the blacksmith, stone mason and the observatory. everyone deposit into pot for others to use/have.

how to unlock him? build a boat for him. and train him. lol its going to be a pain. his boat costs 2.2 million grog. to train him 100 gems or some insane amount of gold or sumn. lol

hmm i shoulda moved this to genernal or something topics.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Bear likes this.
  2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That's a pretty neat idea! We've discussed some level of trading within a guild but perhaps we could extend this even further with your suggestion. Definitely something to think about for future updates so thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure we would call it a clan trader though, I think clans are from another game ;) And don't ever worry about posting in the wrong place, I can always reorganize things if I think they'd work better somewhere else :)

Bear likes this.
  3. poo

poo Crew

oh lol how bout name em after me lol jk. oh I know since this is a pirate game. make him a ghost, in a ghost ship. he travels from place to place. he's kind like the fairy man that carries souls to heaven or hell

honestly my idea is a bit more original than trying to implament something close to clash of clans. I find that game a bit annoying

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  4. poo

poo Crew

oh shit hehe. I just thought of some names.

the dead salesman, dead trader hmmm that's it. hehe I said some right? ;)

how can I get a cool plunder pirates avatar? lol

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Good name ideas there!

For the avatar I think a few members are looking at the PP artwork on the official Facebook page and using some of that. We could create a few though so people can choose, but I know most people like to have something unique.

6. poo

poo Crew

lol yea. I just curious

7. Yep, with a bit of your Twitter Page's account artwork and a bit of Photoshop magic, voila! My PP and Signature!

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Trading resources makes me nervous. Have to be sure that clans aren't able to move everybody's loot to bases under shield. If done right could be cool, if done incorrectly could ruin the game.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  9. Exactly. Definitely would need to be strict limits otherwise strong players could dump excess loot into weaker players to make them stronger way too quickly

10. Swiby

Swiby Powder Monkey

Hello, just newby on plunders. If it is a shared deposit than a good limitation could be you cannot take back more than 20% of what you have put in. And you cannot put in more than 10% of your max deposit. If it is a trader than you need to be able to trade, and not just to donate them. So if the rate is 1to1 than a week user wont be able to exchange much. Btw i think the trade rate should be more 3 gold for 1 grog :)

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just make it a 1:1 ratio. You can withdraw the same amount you deposit. I'd like to see this in the form of requests made I'm chat. For example. I would request a trade. " trade request 1 million grog for 1 million gold" then someone who meets the criteria simply accepts the trade and it is done automatically. Requests could be managed through the guild UI. Make a request tab. With icons for gold/grog/gems/ep/bp. The requesting pirate can input an amount offered of only 1 currency. And select a desired return of only one currency with a maximum 1:1 ratio. The offered currency would instantly be removed from the players coffers. Put a timer on it so that if the trade was not accepted in 12 or 24 hours then the offered currency returned to the pirate.

I think that would be great.

It would be cool to have a new building with a boatman where this UI is contained, but it could just be a tab in the guild menu and I'd be happy.

12. Fun idea i like it. kinda like pirate storm game they have a auction house where you bid on stuff you want guildies can bid out bid each other etc etc .. Heck put the guy in the guild hall since guild hall underused in the game.

Hajkja likes this.
  13. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

+1 put the guy in guild hall is a great idea.
    Do i see a guild hall lvl 4 coming?

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Having him in the guild hall would be cool.

15. They can also sell island insurance 2 4 6hr protection ,anything looted is paid back in full or to a %. Guild island insurance id buy that ,can be a good amount to buy and limited every few days or put a cool down on it so players don't just keep that on all day then everyone will be out pacing the game. Anyway just some thing the guild trader can do in guild hall besides overseeing guild resources trading or biding o_O And reading them dirty sailor mags.;)

16. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

@Bear do you have any update on this topic? I know that this could very well be EXTREEMLY interesting with the addition of the legends. The 1:1 ratio could be applied widely

Grog to gold
    BP to EP
    Common items to common items
    Uncommon to uncommon
    Rare to rare
    Epic to epic

But i believe we would all be glad if we could trade gold and grog at first!