Collector icons: Too many, Too often.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Kelani, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm starting to dislike how frequently these things pop up. They're always getting in the way when I'm moving things around my town,. Whenever I'm trying to look at defense locations and coverage, they all appear, and I have to tap them to make them go away, only to have them back in a few minutes.

I understand why they're needed, but I don't see any benefit to such a high popup frequency.

I recommend these things:

1. Make it so you can tap any collector, hit the Collect button, and collect from all your mines/distilleries.
    2. Triple (or more) the resource amount that triggers the icon to appear.
    3. Make the icons smaller, or translucent, or whatever will keep them from obscuring things.

I see a lot of bases that willingly trade security so that collecting can be accomplished easier, or the collector icons won't be in the way.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Once edit mode comes about, will this still be an issue?

3. In my opinion they may be tweaked so that they don't pop up as much as they do now. Say every 20 minutes is fine for me.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd like them to pop up less. I'd also like the return pirate butt to only be in the explanation map. And the donation button to disappear after your donate your max to the perk.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Mental note @Kelani add Bear's ideas to the list.

Bear likes this.
  6. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Wonderful suggestion, thus I'm bumping this thread.

Since the Christmas 2014 update, we can click on one mine and are given the options to either rearm just that mine or rearm all mines of that same type. I suggest we apply this to collectors too.

It would be also nice to increase the resource amount that triggers the icon to appear, as mentioned in the OP.

mlc and Kelani like this.
  7. Floki

Floki Captain

once an hour you can always harvest manually if needed.

Christy likes this.
  8. Christy

Christy Commodore

Agree. They are in my way a lot of the time :(

Floki likes this.
  9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Yeah, that rearm feature is great. A simple one touch option for the mines and distillery's would be another great addition.

TiGeR

Floki likes this.
  10. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

I am quite sad to find that this feature still hasn't been implemented :( We can already rearm all traps, mines, Flame Gates & PH9 cannons with one click from the PH (it's a wonderful feature btw *thumbs up to Midoki*), why are we still unable to do something similar for Collectors!?

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Seriously. :( Wouldn't mind seeing it for the map rewards as well. I've seen so many games with collector icon overload, and none of them ever implement a feature like this for some reason.

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  12. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

My oh my... now THAT is weird o_O

P.S. Yes, thanks for reminding me. The Sea Exploration Maps need a "Collect All" button as well!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

My thinking is that devs tend to try and keep things as simple as possible with regards to features, which is generally a good thing. But this has been doing more harm than good. Who here hasn't accidentally deleted their ship crew while trying to empty collectors?

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I used to quite frequently :rolleyes: (when I first started playing) so I deliberately moved my collectors well away from my ship - so the ship return icon is isolated which reminds me not to 'collect' it! :D

Kelani, Bou Regreg and mlc like this.
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

I thought collect all was something being worked on :)

At least we can rearm all from PH now!

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm... It may be in the pipeline. I'll have to check my notes. :)

17. Ebow

Ebow Crew

Awesome idea, but for me is more annoying recollect from map.... OMG 1 button for recollect in maps please!!

Smelly_Vile and Kelani like this.