Come and join the warriors of the sea - the Straw Hats!

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Cap'n Flyht, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ahoy there sea lovers and holders of pirate dreams!

We are the Straw Hats, one of the older guilds and Captain Flyht is my name.

We are currently the first Straw Hats on the guild lists, a small but friendly band of pirates.

We Rumble once a week: Friday: 4pm Uk, 10am CST and 8am PST.
    (There is no requirement to gem or achieve minimums, just play if you are online!)

Expectation to join ALL guild events

The rest of the time we chat, support, back perks, donate.
    We are a realistic guild that understands about pesky real life!! Our most important rules are have fun and do what you can!

We are looking for new active team players.
    Long standing pirates, new pirates and anyone inbetween are welcome.
    If that sounds like you, come and try us out!

How are we different from all the other recruiting guilds?....
    Come and find out! (You know you want to!)
    One for all and all for one

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Ian likes this.
  2. What's the best way of recruiting? Is it just biding our time and waiting until people happen upon us or actively going out into other guilds to recruit? We really just want a few more that actively take part and are happy with once a week rumbling.

3. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

Keep your thread near the top, mostly people don't read too far down. I found my guild by reading the recruitment threads and because our leaders were friendly and also active on the forums and ppbay etc. Sometimes it helps to visit other guilds especially if you have rumbled against them and they have only a few active players. Also maybe have a rumble event at your guild, maybe visit other guilds to extend invites. Good luck and keep up the good work.

4. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Might want to re-brand. Too many straw hat guilds now. Had a little head scratching finding You.
    @Cap'n Flyht . Best of luck tho. If You're straying towards the grog too much check US out at Theebar. http://theepiratebar.com/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Cap'n Flyht and Sea Patriot like this.
  5. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Seawitch awesome advice, I couldn't have said it any better!:) @Cap'n Flyht I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure our paths will cross on the high seas at some point! Also I have been known to travel the seas looking to help out in friendly guilds during rumbles!;)

Seawitch likes this.
  6. @flyingdoucheman, @Seawitch and @Tiger Lilly, thanks for the advice! (By the way love your names, avatars and your banners :) )
    I've been trying the searching guilds that seem no longer active and have found a couple of great pirates that way. Didn't think about the guilds we are matched against, seems kind of cheeky but worth a go! Rumble parties sound fun but I'm not sure how my guild would react, worth an ask though! ;)
    As I sure you saw when you came looking I'm not the most developed one in my guild but that I battle hard! I'm also the most talkative one, think that's how I ended up as captain. Love lots about the guild but miss the very chatty ones. Dont have time to rumble more but would like people to be more active when we do!

Bjays92 likes this.
  7. Must work on a picture though.....
    @everyone your guilds looks very serious and fun!! It might be fun to join you for one but I definitely couldn't rumble 24/7!
    ....if you have any pirates that might like the quieter life but still a little bit of rumbling......;)

Bjays92 likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Cap'n Flyht there is a number things you can do here and in-game.
    1. Find a suitable Avatar and signature banner (@flyingdoucheman might help you here if you ask nicely)
    2. Clearly identify what you are offering in your guild (rumbles, farming, social, etc). Visit other guilds recruitment threads and see what you like about theirs.
    3. Join PPBay (Slack Channel) or other communication channels, this may help with visits etc.
    4. Do NOT actively recruit in-game in existing guilds (bad manners/behaviour will not go well)
    5. Open your guild Gate (PR1) and let new members know straight away what is required; high turnover is normal in the beginning, but loyal members will build as you sort out the drifters for the serious.
    6. PM any CaptIn from standing guilds; most will offer good guidance.
    7. Be patient.
    Good luck

9. flyingdoucheman

[​IMG]
    Even funner :p:D:):cool:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Cap'n Flyht likes this.
  10. Love it flyingdoucheman! How do I access it? And add a quote to it like you guys have?
    I reckon: Pesky real life interfering with your pirate dreams? you can have it all here!
    (Might need some work on it! Lol!)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Good advice, I've been kicked for recruiting in the past, haha

Cap'n Flyht, Seawitch and Ian like this.
  12. Thanks @flyingdoucheman, bright and bold, it will definitely get noticed! Now I just need new recruits! Lol

13. flyingdoucheman

That's damn douchey artwork! Lol :D Visit the other Straw Hat guilds and start an alliance!

Ian likes this.
  14. Thanks for the avatar @flyingdoucheman, going to keep it in my backpack for later, quite like this one for the moment Looked up the other hats and they are dead apart from the one that's full but with only a few active members left. Nevermind, 'slowly slowly to catch a monkey...' as they say

flyingdoucheman likes this.
  15. Goodness, your all right, tough going recruiting!:(
    Interesting that so many new recruiting threads might find it useful to look at the existing threads first to see possible fits. Lots seem to me to be a match!
    The hardest thing it recruiting when you're brand new. The more established pirates are definitely right In Their advice to those: join an existing guild to learn the basics first and then branch out on your own.
    Good luck everyone out there!
    Oh and I'm still on the hunt for just a few more to join the hats!
    (And I'm not trying to go back to the top of the list.....honest!;):D

16. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I'll happily stop by, and I know several relaxed guilds too if ur interested

17. Wow, lots of activity on the forum at the moment.
    Another thankyou to the guild event revitalising the game:)

Flip side: Straw Hats no longer on the first page of recruiting, which we still are ;)

So as FD says (and useful advice from @Seawitch and others) bumpity bump!:D:D:D

18. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

I like your style Cap'n Flyht
    Hopefully people will join your guild.

Cap'n Flyht likes this.
  19. It's a slow process this recruiting business but We (the hats) are meeting some great people along the way! (You know who you are!)
    The best part of this game IS the salty sea pirates from all over sailing the seas.
    Love the fact there are guilds for however you want to play the game.

20. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

Just spent Easter with this fantastic guild, they are a great bunch! I will be visiting again if I'm permitted

Cap'n Flyht likes this.