Connection Issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

So, I have an unlimited data plan, but I get throttled after a certain amount. Once my data is throttled, it takes 5-10 minutes just to log into the game! That's insane. And if u leave the app and come back, the timer starts over.

Here is what happens. The loading screen sticks at 3/4 full. It says "connecting to server" and it stays there until the "hey, where did you go?" message pops up. You all know the message. The one you get for being away from the game too long. Once I hit "OK" on that Message, the loading screen refreshes and I am in the game.

Sometimes that message never appears. I've waited as long as 20 minutes without being able to log in.

This is ridiculous. All my other games, including Clash of Clans connect just fine. Even with my throttled data. PP is the only game I have this issue with. And it's a relatively new issue. It hasn't always been this way.

I have no idea how to fix this, or why connecting to the server takes so long ONLY for this game, but it needs to be fixed. I can't log on in time to fund any perks. It's frustrating.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I should add that once I'm connected the game plays fine, no issues whatsoever. I just can't connect fast enough. This has led to me not being as active as I'd like to be, because I cannot quickly log on to fight or chat. Every time it's an ordeal, and every time I cannot use my phone for anything else.

3. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

@Bear My connection gets throttled often too at the end of the month but I can still connect to PP without any problem even when it happens. COC and PP no problem...other games connecting can be meh.

Doesn't help you I know, but just sayin' ;)

Bear likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

@# Johnny Doe # - are you playing on Android or iOS? I know that the Android version handles connectivity slightly differently, so it might be Android specific, but it's not something that we're aware of.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to submit a report to the in-game support, I'm just trying to figure out how to explain the issue in a more concise manner.

7. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] iOS for me at a max speed of 64kbps when throttled. Works without any issues or startup delays.

So yeah, it might be just an Android issue.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm bumping this thread. The issue still persists. To took me 30 minutes to log in today. It cost me a rumble win. I was logging in with enough time to put up some bp. Instead, it took 30 minutes, and when I finally got logged in there were only 3 minutes left. The second place guild had passed me by just 1 attack.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's really frustrating that this is the only app that has this problem. Other games connect just fine. There is a slight delay versus when my data is not throttled, but none of them take longer than a minute or so to log on. Only Plunder Pirates.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Today I have been unable to log in for the past 3 hours. It just stays on connection to server. Then I get the "hey where did you go" message, then the process keeps repeating.. For hours!

11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

iOS works perfect even with weak internet...

12. @Bear I think that u should try to reset connection settings or even better reset all settings (please note that DO NOT DO RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS, it might delete ur date) .. I was having same issue on my second account which is on an android phone... I had done an reset and everything was fine... Hope this helps:):):)...

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't think it's a settings issue. I can connect just fine to every other game I play.

14. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Hmm...

Bear, how about this?

uninstall and reinstall the game (get a code first)

It might help, just ma suggestion