could be great....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ehhhhh, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Ehhhhh

Ehhhhh Powder Monkey

This game looks beautiful, has really good Ai, but is bug filled. Too many freezes during plundering, most the time chat doesn't work properly and you have to restart to just see what you have typed. This will have to be fixed and cleaned up before I will spend any money on this game. What's up with all the maintenance? The mods should expand further on what's being done to clean out the bugs rather than just post a canned response. I hope it gets fixed because when it is working it's great.

2. Tim Martel

Tim Martel Crew

I agree. I'm giving them some slack for now but there's only so long I can deal with the server problems.

3. TheCoach

TheCoach Powder Monkey

You see this a lot on MMOs. When you have a launch, they always underestimate the amount of people coming in. This causes them to have to expand servers. It makes since when you think about it. They don't want to spendlre than they have to.

I for one am going to stick it out. It looks really good and has some elements that separate it from other games of its kind.

4. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

The advertised it as one of the iOS 8 launch apps. How could they underestimate the traffic? Everyone wants to be in on the beginning so they aren't playing catch up.

5. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I'm venturing a guess it's a combination of issues that they are trying to resolve. Abundance of player is certainly the main issue but little bugs here and there also can complicate an otherwise anticipated launch, it's happened to games that had several millions of dollars in the budget, so I'm willing to cut a smaller company some slack. Also again, it's free ;)

6. TheCoach

TheCoach Powder Monkey

It is the same reason that Star Wars, Wildstar, and basically every other highly anticipated MMO in the last 10 years underestimated. They don't want to overestimate and potentially lose money. But I'm with Dark Zero, it's free so I'm giving them some slack.

Admin [Midoki] likes this.
  7. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

I agree, I am giving it a chance as well. I obviously like it because I have continued to play as much as I can despite the fact that I can only get into the game 30% of the time.