Country leaderboards/Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by CyborgGR, Jan 4, 2016.

1. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Hello and Happy New Year to All pirates.

Since midoki has already started with a Global leaderboard/Hall of fame, why not also make a regional (per country) leaderboard.
    There are thousands of pirates out there and it seems a bit strange to only have 1 spot worldwide.

Adding a country leaderboard/hall of fame would be great and it would inspire players even more.

Thanks!

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately adding rewards for country leaderboards isn't feasible at the moment for several reasons. At the moment, rather than relying on a player's GPS location (which they may not have switched on to save battery, or just dislike giving apps permission to access), the regional leaderboards are based on a device's region settings. This means that it's very easy to switch leaderboards.

There's also the issue that it would be considerably easier to become the top player in some countries than others - it'd be a far greater achievement to become the number one player in the USA or China, for example, than becoming the top player in a lower population country with far fewer players such as Kuwait. We would have to do separate reward tables for individual countries, which isn't really practical!

3. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Too bad... You see i am a resident of the Vatican city and my second house is in Liechtenstein... :p

porrig likes this.
  4. RNP

RNP Powder Monkey

How is the leaderboard calculated? It doesn't appear to care about PR or rumble scores?

5. Rimeeek

Rimeeek Powder Monkey

ahh hoped that feature gets in the game, I really would like to have an national seasonal leaderboard :) or an european asian american one probably? :p

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

The global seasonal leaderboard goes on Plunder Points, which you now earn from each battle. Currently Plunder Points are calculated just on Pirate Hall levels (attackers versus defenders - you get reduced points for attacking lower level islands). However, after the January leaderboard has concluded, the scoring will be changing to also reflect the attacker's pirate rank, rewarding those who push rank with more Plunder Points.

The local leaderboards still use Pirate Rank.

7. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

To clarify, can you please tell us if these plunder points can only be achieved if your guild is in a rumble?

8. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

The plunder points count even if you are not in a rumble. That's whythey are shown to you before any battle.

9. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Thank you. My guild is never not in a rumble so I couldn't trial it. ;)

10. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Country leaderboards wouldn't work for a reason. I stated about that in another thread. Good idea, but it can be abused too easily because players can change the region of which they choose to participate in.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Plunder Points are scored outside of as well as during Rumbles. All Plunder Points earned contribute to your leaderboard score, but only Plunder Points earned during a Rumble contribute to your Rumble score.

12. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

Except my plunder points are not added to my leaderboard score. Non of my Plunder points from battles today have been added to my score, but my rank changes after each battle. Another change that does not work correctly.

CyborgGR and Christy like this.
  13. Christy

Christy Commodore

It is not working for me either or several others in fleet. It shows much less than we have put up in our rumble. If it is only supposed to be adding all Plunder Points then something is broken :(

14. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Same here. 16 won battles since yesterday, 2147 pp.... What's happening @Lynsey [Midoki] ?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    PTO Plunderer likes this.
  15. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

Same here.Still shows 2147 PP since yesterday.I got 8956 pp last rumbles that have just concluded

16. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

We both have 2147?...

17. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I suspect everyone outside the top 200 shows 2147

Christy and Bou Regreg like this.