Custom House required

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Bzebzher, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Bzebzher

Bzebzher Powder Monkey

Methinks it might be a wrong place to post me request, but shiver me timber I be a pirate and hardly know to read!

We thought with a pack of some fine swashbucklers it would be a nice idea to have a place to exchange gold for grog and other bounty we keep in Silos. Either with the market or between the guild and other players. Somethin' like a custom house.

Lick me pants and call me Steven, that'd be something great to have! Yaaargh!

[Edit] Mayhaps I should have posted this thread under Ideas and Feature Requests and later in Build Improvements.
    I am sorry, I think my Forum rank is too low to move my thread there.
    I ask you to punish me by chopping me leg off. I’ve got a spare peg leg, so I could use it and look even better.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

1+ I have to much gold and I need grog! But it has to be if you trade gold for grog it only gives you 1/2 the amount you trade. Example: you trade 1 mil gold and u can only receive 500,000 grog.

3. Bzebzher

Bzebzher Powder Monkey

For me it is quite okay if you have to pay for exchange. But maybe the exchange could be done cheaper in between the guild members on bargain prices?

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Gotta say, on first thought your idea sounds great. On the other hand it has the potential to create unbalance in the game and make it harder to farm resources. If that exchange existed everyone would trade what they didn't need and effectively keep 0 gold/grog on hand. My gold storages have been overflowing for about 2 weeks. Sucks for me, but it's helping all those pirates still upgrading walls.

5. Bzebzher

Bzebzher Powder Monkey

I didn't think about it, but you're right. The developers could rethink it 'cos, it still seems attractive to trade some materials for others: grog for gold, but maybe gunpowder for voodoo masks too.

Maybe a limit could do? Like one exchange per 24 hours?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Cap'nSmellyBeard and Tex like this.
  6. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

none taken

7. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

The original suggestion ever regarding this topic can be found in the master list:

http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/clan-trader.115/#post-71597

+. Guild Trader
    Submitted By:
    @poo
    Description: A building, or NPC added to the island that could barter trades between guild mates. Could be upgraded to increase the amount traded.
    Notes: Chris commented that it was a good idea, and something similar has been discussed internally with the Midoki team

I just added that with the new legend items these could also be included in the trading. All should be a 1:1 ratio otherwise the shift in the in-out of items is changed and the game could become unbalanced.

Grog to gold
    BP to EP
    Common items to common items
    Uncommon to uncommon
    Rare to rare
    Epic to epic

This would not affect the game much I believe. Only the players in good organised guild will complete their LEgendairy pirates faster. Young active players could benefit it they proof themselves and set up trade with these players.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  8. Bzebzher

Bzebzher Powder Monkey

Kamikazemug - thanks for your comment. It helps, as I'm kind new to the forum. Perhaps the discussion could continue there and this thread might be closed.

BTW: 'tis quite comfortable without the leg they chopped me off as a punishment. I go to sleep lighter every night.

Tex likes this.
  9. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

I it's fine to continue the discussion here. I am more interested if any of the devolopers of business owners at midoki have any clue of suggestion to it this (or anything like it) will show up in the game any time soon...?

Sorry @Lynsey [Midoki] to ask this again, but you are possible the best repying of the midoki crew :D

10. Tex

Tex Commodore

Enjoying the colorful pirate humor in your posts. Welcome to the forum community.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Gold and grog trading is highly unlikely to go ahead due to the impact on the economy (especially for when people are raiding islands), but materials are a possibility. However, it certainly won't be any time soon as it would be a huge and complex feature to implement, and the bulk of our road map is already planned out for the next six months (although can change, disclaimer, disclaimer). ;)

Tex and Skye like this.
  12. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Tanks for the reply again, I do however would like to emphasise that the treading would not be with a bank but amongst guild member players. The spending curve/pase of players might increase but the overal amount of gold grog EP BP or items available in the gam would not in-decrease.

I think the inpact would not be so great as you might expect. Only thing is that more players will be able to progress faster from infant phase ph1-5 to the adult phase of the higher Phalls. Don't know if midoki team can simulate the effect or not...?

13. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

In my opinion, materials trading would not be good for the game. Primarily LPs will become too easy to upgrade to max without any need to work to obtain chests for mats. It would reduce the need for many to purchase gems for those wanting a quick upgrade to max, either by buying chests or gemming streaks. It would also reduce or eliminate the need to upgrade the silo as one could trade for only the mats they needed at that time. It would also trivialize the maps as a source of mats ("Why sail when I can get what I need from the trade house?").

Cap'nSmellyBeard likes this.