Day and night

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Bear, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Seeing the Halloween mode utilize shadows the way it does makes me want to see them utilized year round.

I think it would be great to have a day night system. Where the shaddows and lighting adjust as if the sun was rising and setting and the moon would rise and set for the night period.
    The days could be literal days and be set to server time. Or they could be shorter. I played a pc mmorpg called Eternal Lands. They had 6 hour day cycles. 3 hours of sunlight and 3 hours of night.

I just think it could add a great look and feel to the game. I have other ideas around a lunar system but I'll save then for another thread.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think a weather system would be cool as well:D rainy, windy, cloudy, foggy.
    The day and night with cycles sounds awesome! I really hope they add it:)

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. I didn't want to distract the idea of this post with my weather/ lunar system ideas. I may create another thread for them depending on how this one is received.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Let's start with requesting that day/night stays and then build on that. @AngryBeard - can I get an AMEN!

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Exactly! If it gets implemented then we can go to town with other suggestions. Bit right now I just want day and night.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Another thing. With night time. The lanterns that are built in to the corners on walls should light up. I'm a little disappointed that they don't do this in the Halloween mode.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

And have it carry over to battles and exploration...

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Oh yeah.

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

pooh that would look awesome. I can almost imagine it. I think this will be added in the future.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I sincerely hope so too.

11. Kit

Kit First Mate

As well as the windows of some of the buildings, like the PH.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed!

Kit likes this.
  13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Fingers crossed.