Dead Pirates

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Oak Island, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning @Lynsey [Midoki] - I have a bug to report. I was just attacking someone and noticed my 2 heavy gunners die without being shot, at all. They were walking across a decimated island, going for the last outhouse, and all of a sudden their full health went down and they died. There were no defenses, flame gates, or anything that would cause them to lose any health, let alone die out of nowhere. The attack replay also captured what I saw while I was attacking. Please look into this, pirates dying from nothing is not good for anyone!

Thanks and happy sailing,

-Oak

Unique Rebel likes this.
  2. Burian

Burian Crew

Sometimes the same thing was happened to me and to my mates.

Pirates that die without any defence that hit them.

Bye bye guys

Unique Rebel and Oak Island like this.
  3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Yes, has happened to me to. Reported it once, complete with video, but never heard a thing.

4. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Wow Midoki must fix this ASAP, top pirates are calling out with honest feedback. Honourable and trustworthy pirates

Oak Island likes this.
  5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

It seems that we are always complaining at the wrong time :confused:... no one has the time to answer or take care of those complains as fast as we wish for. MAybe they are AGAIN very busy at Midoki's. This weekend celebrating the 4. birthday and developing the new game in a big hurry. ;)

Time and resources(developers maybe) are just not enough for doing both at the same time. Fixing the bugs and problems in the game what exists and we complain about and get the NEW GAME ready. o_O

Maybe the list they have with all the complains is VERYYYYY LONG and they just can't decid what bug needs fixing first :p, what issue is more important and urgent then others. :D

6. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Midoki are usually very good at dealing with such issues, think it's best to cut them a little slack and hope they get things up and running as soon as possible.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hmm, when did you report it? I've just looked through the support system and can't see your ticket.

Usually when a pirate dies seemingly without reason, it's usually because they're taking fire from a defence, but the projectiles aren't drawing due to device limitations (over a certain amount of things on screen and some devices start dropping effects - usually it starts dropping health bars first, but in extreme cases can include projectiles - this can be particularly the case when Aeronauts are in use and have done splash damage to a section of walls).

However, this doesn't sound like what's happened in @Oak Island's case, given that the island was decimated (and presumably had no defences left). Best thing to do is to resubmit the tickets with the details of the battle (when it happened, who you were fighting, etc), as well as your device details. Let me know when you've done that and I'll chase it up!

Oak Island and Unique Rebel like this.
  8. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Thank you @Lynsey [Midoki] - I have submitted a ticket for this. Please keep us posted because this was super weird! I want to know what happened!

Thanks again!

-Oak

Unique Rebel likes this.
  9. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I think I still have the videos. I’ll check for them. It was a few months ago.

10. Burian

Burian Crew

Also for me the last time It happen was few months ago but I haven't videos.

Bye

11. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Here is one where my low health HG suddenly dies. Cannon was shooting at Jugg.

Oak Island and Unique Rebel like this.
  12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hmmm, in that case it could possibly have been from an invisible ground pounder shell, launched just as the GP was destroyed? It's a bit hard to tell the range of the GP or whether it's animating as the health bar is over the barrel. Can you get a better view of the GP from a different angle?

Unique Rebel likes this.
  13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I have a longer video of it I can post, but the entire replay is long gone @Lynsey [Midoki]

14. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

This is exactly what happened to my HGs but they had full heath and all defenses and buildings were destroyed except 1 outhouse. And also, I think the ground pounder theory is a miss due to the fact that there were two ghastlies quite close to the lone HG that did not die or lose additional health. I wish I had a video of my attack, because the bug is clear and obvious. Full health to dead in 2 seconds with nothing but an outhouse to destroy. Decent thought @Lynsey [Midoki] but the video pretty clearly shows the HG die without being hit by anything.

Cheers!

-Oak

850arrr, WOLLIMAUS and MorganFlint like this.
  15. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Yep the Gp theory is the only explanation, replays are always showing different outcomes and some glitches you see in realtime battles don't show up once shared in guild chat. My Sadie sometimes gets stuck and Blackbart just takes a nap mid battle but most of that is all sorted now, fingers crossed.

16. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

If that doesn't explain it then maybe Thanos took out the Heavy Gunner ;)

17. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I've had this happen to my regular gunners as well. There was a flame gate clear across the island going off and my gunners were getting cooked for no reason while trying to blast the ship which was the last item left. And yes they were to the side of the ship and not in its target path. They died like nothing, almost instantly.

18. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I saw it during the actual battle, so it wasn’t just an inaccurate replay. I was happy the HG survived the GP, and I thought might be able to pull off a 3 Star, but then he suddenly died. I was glad the replay showed the same thing. Definitely wasn’t the GP because it was on long range. It’s the reason the HG was low health.
    I sent a ticket at the time, but just found out my game tickets have been getting stuck in my iPad email outbox for some time. I realize now why I haven’t received a reply to tickets (sent from my iPad) :confused:. It wasn’t Midoki not responding. They weren’t getting them :oops:. My apologies for being critical, Midoki !

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    WOLLIMAUS and Unique Rebel like this.
  19. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Yep the same had happened in the above reply, flame gates flashing and HG getting toasted. Sorry for my childish comments :(

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

My Sadie got stuck again the other day @Unique Rebel . I used her ability and after she hit the wall, she went in circles the rest of the battle. Must’ve been a very hard wall :rolleyes:
    Fortunately it doesn’t happen very often.

WOLLIMAUS and Unique Rebel like this.