Dead Zone Deploying Troops

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Phillip C, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Phillip C

Phillip C Powder Monkey

Phone: iPhone6

When deploying troops during raids, there is 15% of my screen where I cannot deploy troops. It is always the same lower left region of my phone. I tried reinstalling the app to no avail. This is the only app on my phone that has this dead zone. No issues in any other parts of the game. Only occurs during plundering. In world map and at home base there is no dead zone issue.

Is this a known issue? I skimmed the other posts but did not see anything related.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

If you turn your phone over and let the app flip to the other side is it in the same quadrant of the game or the same quadrant of the screen? This will help determine if the problem is hardware or software

3. Phillip C

Phillip C Powder Monkey

Inverted my phone as suggested and raided a few times, the dead zone is still in the lower left region. So this is a different, physical area of the phone screen. I would go to Apple and replace my iPhone 6 in a heartbeat if I could but none of my other apps show this issue. CoC raiding works just fine with no issues. I know that's what the Apple techs will tell me too.

Thanks for your inquiry. Hoping for a resolution to this issue.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

since the dead zone moved, we can assume that the issue is app related. I would recommend deleting the app and re-installing it. If the problem persists, contact support@rovio.com They are very good at replying to any issue.

5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Same for me.

6. Jun

Jun First Mate

Have you unlocked special abilities? Once you do, they take up a portion of the area above the unit's icon during deployment, and you can't deploy in that area. Sometimes I think it should be delineated more clearly, ie slightly hazed, but I'm not sure.

7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Could be. I notice if I move the island up I can deploy. Tough manoeuvring on a small screen, I also keep accidentally surrendering during rapid deployment...

8. Phillip C

Phillip C Powder Monkey

Friends on iPhone5s and iPhone6 reporting same issue. Emailed rovio support.

9. Phillip C

Phillip C Powder Monkey

<email from Rovio>

Hello Phillip,

and thanks for contacting us!

We're sorry to hear you're having problems playing Plunder Pirates. We have received similar reports from other players before you that there is a part of the screen where they can't deploy troops. Our developers are currently investigating the issue and hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you're still able to enjoy your plundering!

Best regards,

Mikko
    Rovio Support Team

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think the dead zone is just a buffer left above the troop image for potential "power buttons." even if the troop doesn't have a power. Just move the island or zoom out and you should be able to deploy wherever you want.

11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Bear is correct