Default editor view = geometric center of base

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Bear, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

I have problems getting my base aligned properly. It bothers me. So my suggestion is that when we go to editor mode and select a building. If we have not moved the screen the building be dropped dead center of the map.

This would give a solid central point to work from.

I'd also like grid lines to be visible during edit mode. That way I can try to be as symmetrical as possible.

Tikigirl, Gangrene Beard and Kelani like this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

That would be very helpful. Also, maybe they could add a special feature in the water that marks the dead center of our base, before we put anything down. The PP skull'n bones would be great.

Tikigirl and Bear like this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Also - instead of just grid lines, I'd also like to see a marker for map center. It needn't be any larger than 1/4 of a square(assuming that small decorations are sized as 1 square)

Tikigirl likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Bumping this for discussion.

Tikigirl likes this.
  5. Rachael

Rachael Crew

+1000 Yes please! This drives my OCD through the roof. It would also be really nice to have a select all feature to move everything over instead of one little thing at a time.

awbo, Tikigirl and Bear like this.
  6. Bear

Bear Commodore

I agree. So many times I finish my island and it is just 3-5 tiles off center. Frustrating

Rachael and Tikigirl like this.
  7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

You OCDers and your bubble fish. Smh.

Bear likes this.
  8. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

I don't believe I can adequately express how much this would mean to me. So many times when I am doing a base overhaul I just really need to know where the center of my base is. I would also love the select all feature to move everything at once.
    Also, I don't have OCD, I have CDO, which is an entirely different thing. And I destroy bases with improperly placed bubble fish on principle alone.

Rachael, awbo, Bear and 1 other person like this.