Defense ideas: Totem and Mimics

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Excalibur, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Excalibur

Excalibur Powder Monkey

Hey guys! while I was taking a shower I thought of a brilliant idea that came to my mind for plunder pirates! I would really like to see these implement :)
    The first idea:
    Category: Defense
    Name: Totem pole
    Description: AOE (Area of Effect) Debuff (similar to the flame gate, it will not be attacked and must be rearmed)
    Range: 3 tiles radius AOE
    Debuff may include or voted by forum community (Vote):
    1. disable witch doctors shield within AOE (near totem)
    2. slows down units movement speed
    3. slows down unit attacking speed
    4. disables units ability(only units ability will disable within AOE)
    5. Transform units into evil spirits and attack each other (for a certain amount of seconds)
    6. comment if you have other debuff ideas :)
    [​IMG]
    Additional idea of Totem pole:
    Have all debuff in a totem pole, similar to the flagpole, we can CHOOSE which debuff to activate on the totem! if players are able to choose which debuff to activate, there will be a different color glow for the AOE to avoid confusion of debuff. For example:
    Totem AOE glows: Red - disable witch doctor shield
    Blue - Slow down units speed
    Black - transform units into spirits and confuses them to attack each other
    and so forth....

Second idea: (revised)
    Category: Trap
    Name: Mimic (game from Dark Cloud 2)
    Description: Mimic is a fake treasure chest trap that deals poisonous damage over time (DoT).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

... "the chest will come alive and eat your pirates"... lol... You need to take another shower! Hehehe, the first is a good idea. I don't know about the living hungry chest though.

alebvk, Excalibur and Kakashi like this.
  3. Excalibur

Excalibur Powder Monkey

haha..not exactly devouring the pirates, but maybe attacking the units :) The idea behind the mimic is to confuse people which storage to attack since normally people aim for the storage's. so it gives the player a bit more strategic thinking of deciding which storage to attack or where to place their unit(those attack the fake chest will be unfortunate xD). Also, for the totem idea... instead of deciding one debuff... I thought...wouldn't it be a great idea if all those debuff may be included in ONE totem? Similar to the flagpole where you CHOOSE which flag you want, but for the Totem pole you get to CHOOSE which debuff you want to activate(only ONE debuff can be activated at a time) This will make the game more challenging and fun! What do you think? or am i just being too greedy D:?