Defense Log - Visit: One of each type collector shows your stats [updated with video]

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Kelani, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I was in my Defense Log and tapped Visit to look at the town of an attacker. For some reason tapped the Details button after selecting an L6 Grog Distillery. Instead of showing the generic L1 stats. I saw a L6 Distillery's image, but the stats were for a L9, complete with an incrementing grog count! The distillery only had 250 grog, which I thought was odd. So, I returned to my town and immediately tapped one of my distilleries. It had 270 grog. I collected from it, went back to the enemy base and checked that distillery again. This time, it had 10 grog. I checked his other distilleries, but all showed the generic L1 stats. I then checked his L5-6 gold mines, and once again, one of the L6 mines showed the stats from a L9 gold mine at my base.

I checked another town with L9 Mines/DIstilleries. Same thing. One of each building had an incrementing count that matched a mine/distillery on my base.

Update: This also occurs if you check anyone's town in your guild. One mine and one distillery will show stats and incrementing/current capacity from a collector in your town.

Here is a video showing what I'm talking about. You'll see me visit a town from my Defense log, select a few distilleries until I find the anomaly. Note the amount of grog. Next, I return to my town and view one of my distilleries. The number is slightly higher, reflecting the few seconds it took me to get there. I then re-Visit the same town and find the gold mine that does this. You get the idea :)

Weird?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Gangrene Beard likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

You are in your way to cracking the midoki code. This is strange.

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Weird

4. Actually when visiting a rivals base it doesn't show any correct information when you press info. It shows the damage/gold output/grog output/hitpoints etc of a level 1 building even if it is not.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Normally, that is true, yes. But not always, which is why I posted this bug. Unless it's just happening to me, if you tap each mine/distillery and hit details, one distillery, and one gold mine will show the stats of a distillery/mine on your island.

Just checked another town that attacked me last night. I'm going to update my original post with a video showing what I'm talking about.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Check original post for a video and paragraph explaining what to look for.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I looked at one of mine to confirm. I clicked on one mine and it showed 0/250, tapped the next one and it complete matched the mines back at my island. @Chris [Midoki] by design or glitch?

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Update:
    This also occurs if you check anyone's town in your guild. One mine and one distillery will show stats from your town.

I can't imagine this would be by design. I I had to guess, I'd think during development, all the mines/distilleries showed the actual stats. When this was removed, they forgot one. Since it's only one of each, maybe it follows some kind of internal identifier (MINE1/DISTILLERY1, or something)

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I am a natural born bug finder. Rovio has gotten so many bug reports from me for AB games, whenever I send them a new one, they hide and speak in hushed tones.

Call me the Keyser Soze of bugfinding :D

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

The truth Is that all of our own islands exist in its own parallel world. They overlap slightly and the convergence manifests itself in the collectors.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Which further proves my theory that our ships are really TARDIS like vehicles of interdimentional travel.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Wow. It's like Quantum Entanglement - Pirate Style! :D Heh, I think it'd be kinda funny if I came across a little TARDIS on the map. Especially if it gave me a Jenna Coleman perk. :rolleyes:

Bear likes this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

I take your Jenna and raise you a Karen Gillan.

Kelani likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

How about I take Jenna, you take Karen Gillan, and we consider it a pretty damn good day? :D

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Deal.