Determining PR for Battles

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by daddy_b, Dec 17, 2016.

1. daddy_b

daddy_b Crew

I like to see an improvement on how the game determines the PR +/- for each battle. I'm not saying I have all the answers to solve this, but there are tons of long time players that I am sure can add their thoughts here as well. Personally, I believe PR is important to players of all Ph sizes. As you see in the way the allotment of PP for attacks is geared (especially in rumbles) higher for attacking your current and higher lever Ph's, so should be the case for PR. I feel attacking down should garner much less in the way of PR as most are only really doing so for the loot while farming.

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

In the beginning PR was everything; before rumbles, streaking, events; the global leader-board and PR was everything. It determined your skill as a player and your entry into most guilds. Everyone strived for a good PR, but not so much now. With the varied choices now available within the game and the bias towards 'plunder points', members are divided and move to easier areas; PR now seems to only be a means of increasing your potential 'plunder point' return.

The argument about PR has been a long one, but here are my thoughts:
    1. Pushing Max PR is a long game and not one to be taken lightly. There needs to be more incentives/rewards and recognition of members who achieve higher levels in order to encourage them to move up.
    2. Personally +1 (for a 3 star win) and -26 (for a loss) is unfair as this does not encourage members to try; without members trying to increase PR the matching in the higher ranks becomes limited and boring
    3. I accept this is a commercial product and acknowledge that more money can be made in events like rumbles and streaking than a few pushing PR.
    I have no answers, but for what its worth I would like to see:
    • a more balanced review of the win/lose ratio (PR) at the higher ranks
    • the return of the global leader-board
    • rewards/bonuses for achieving set milestones in PR and holding PR
    • an improvement in the grog availability in the higher levels (re-spawning ports/strongholds would be a good start)
    Again, these are just my thoughts

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  3. McQ

McQ Captain

I think once the global leaderboard returns in the New Year that's a great incentive for people to push higher again. It's so difficult to increase your rank once you hit around 900 that I think to get into the real upper echelon it should be as much of a challenge as it is. When I did it myself it was with the support of my guild (helping with expensive troop donations) and also as I'm only online during the day at certain times I bought quite a few shields. I think if they were to change it then it lessens the achievement for those who have got as high as they have previously. But knowing how tough that was to do legitimately I'd hope Midoki can do things about the people who use cheats to constantly stay online to hold their rank.

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

@McQ you make a valid point about the achievement (having reached 946PR myself); I was not inferring that we make it easier, just make it more attractive to push. For me, the will to push further ceased with the lack of members up there and the penalties applied for a 1-star loss.

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I agree with @daddy_b @Ian & @McQ - raising PR is (rightly so) a challenge... Therefore (IMHO):
    1. having the big drops (e.g. -24) for a loss is FAIR
    2. only getting tiny increases (e.g. +1) if you only get 1* again is FAIR
    3. however only getting +1 (or worse +0) for a 3* seems decidedly stingy - if the base is too low a level (to provide even +1 for a 3*) why is it even appearing?
    Would it be possible to request that Midoki alter the pool of available bases to only offer bases that give a minimum of [+ ] for a 3*? [what value seems fair? 2/3/4/5... etc.]

This would not alter the inherent requirement of increasing PR (being able to defeat higher ranked/stronger bases) - it would simply reduce the amount of nexting ppl have to do to find a suitable 'victim'.

Everyone would still reach the same point at which the only offered bases are either unwinnable or uneconomical - they'd just reach it a little faster! ;):D

daddy_b likes this.
  6. daddy_b

daddy_b Crew

I completely agree with the accomplishment of anyone who makes it over 900, and you are correct that the guild mates pushing you with great troop donations and the will to push that high. You post kills me because I really don't lessen the achievement many have made, but as a Ph11 you have only to worry about your base against other quality Ph11 attackers. There might be nothing to change, but I just don't like getting -24 PR compliments of a player 2 Ph's ahead of me. :eek:

7. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I agree with this too! Midoki have nerfed the PP available for attacking PHs that are lower than your own - why not nerf the PR as well! ;)

Everything which discourages bullying & encourages improving skills can only be healthy for the game! :)

McQ, Scarlet Fever and daddy_b like this.
  8. McQ

McQ Captain

@daddy_b yes I completely agree as a PH9 losing that much rank when a PH11 with maxed troops cruises through your island is not fair with the loss of pr. Like peg said maybe they could adjust the possible +/- for bases based on the ph level (Or taking it further even by how 'maxed' a base is) for a better test of skill. Generally I don't hit lower PH's much unless they are loaded with grog, or when I'm a high rank and they give plus pr. Without the latter two incentives I'd definitely hit them a lot less as the pp just isn't worth it. At a decent rank it's lower than even a 2* victory on a ph11.

peg-brain bob and daddy_b like this.