Did something change in AI?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Virus, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Virus

Virus First Mate

hi

Perhaps i am really off here but the predictability in the AI troop movement appears to me very different.
    Bombers, HG and juggs deployed do not go on the predictable path. Ships are shot 1 time and they simply move on....

Again perhaps i just cannot attack but did something change ?

@Lynsey [Midoki]

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'll double check, but as far as I'm aware, there's been no changes to the AI itself. The only thing that may have possibly changed is that the troops may be making different decisions due to the increased hit points on walls and other defences that came in at the same time as troop donation (with troops plotting a route to weak points/less upgraded walls/non-double layered walls).

There's due to be another tweak in defence hit points over the next day or so (with a slight reduction), so you may see a slight change in behaviour again.

Heavy Gunners have an ongoing issue of being slightly slow on the uptake (they continue to target a destroyed item longer than other troops), which we're currently fixing.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

+1

4. Virus

Virus First Mate

Thanx @Lynsey [Midoki]

5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I believe something has changed. Less upgraded walls are part of my defense and I no longer see troops taking a path to them.

.[ IcI ]. and Evil Rastlin like this.
  6. .[ IcI ].

.[ IcI ]. Powder Monkey

Fully agree. These purposeful "weak spots" are now ignored.

7. .[ IcI ].

.[ IcI ]. Powder Monkey

If the game allowed saving of replays, I would show you my witch doctor swimming in front of a guild ship and changing direction three times without protecting anybody.

On many other occasions, the witch doctor makes a 90 degree turn from the expected route.

Everybody seems to favour open walls far away to bashing through the wall right here. So you get the situation where pirates walk up side A of the wall, destroy building X, walk down side A & round the tip & back up side B to destroy building Y, Then, back down side B, round the tip & up side A to destroy building Z. What a battle loser move!!!

*Cap'n Sparkle* likes this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Hmm, in which case I'll shufty this to bugs and chat to the Battle Guy!

.[ IcI ]. likes this.
  9. .[ IcI ].

.[ IcI ]. Powder Monkey

At first, I though this change in behaviours was because of me getting used to Ching-Shi too much & not adjusting since she disappeared.
    It's not me.

10. .[ IcI ].

.[ IcI ]. Powder Monkey

Thx. I though you guys purposefully changed the AI / game play to keep things interesting.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Right, apparently the quirks you're seeing have been in since day 1, but have only recently been highlighted by fixes to other bugs and changes to the wall hit points. Good news is that the issues have already been tracked down and fixed for the next update, which should lead to less oddness with pathfinding and targeting that occasionally happens.

.[ IcI ]., Virus, Salty Snack and 2 others like this.
  12. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thats awesome, cuz on a few occasions, twice yesterday, my witch dr jumped walls to heal a set of troops on the outside of a base.

Evil Rastlin likes this.