Disable gemming for rumbles

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Snowgods, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Snowgods

Snowgods Powder Monkey

I don't mind losing to a guild who puts in the effort, but now I'm losing to guilds who are just buying there way to the top.
    OK I know this is making you lots of money, but it's not really fair.
    alternatively you could have separate divisions for gemming and non-gemming guilds.

2. War Koala

War Koala Powder Monkey

I personally and plenty others, don't think there'll ever be seperate divisions for gemming and non-gemming guilds as that would be unnecessary. My point is that non-gemming guilds could turn into gemming guilds whilst they're in the division of "non-gemming" guilds! I could never see this happening, unless, they do a whole reconstruction of the Rumbles.

3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

All they need to do is cap number of rumble battles. Force people to focus on quality rather than quantity.n simple maintenance fix.

Super-Nor and War Koala like this.
  4. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

That would kill the rumble idea.
    Recruitment time for full trained troops is around an hour.
    So max. 24 battles without gemming.
    Player with normal life including sleep, work and social life could do max. 6 battles or less.
    Where is the fun for the player who have only 1 to 3 hours per rumble to play?

Plaidness likes this.
  5. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I'm pretty sure the rumbles are designed to encourage gemming. Gems are how midoki monetizes the game and since they are in this to make money they are going to constantly come up with new features that encourages spending gems.

Becker Redbeard and Fil like this.
  6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Personally (as a 'PH sniper') I am not keen on battle caps - instead how about giving captain option to enable/disable recruitment gemming (for whole guild) when they start rumble (cannot be changed during rumble).

This would allow separate 'divisions' (and simultaneously prevent abuse).

@Lynsey [Midoki] @Chris [Midoki] - is this technically possible?

7. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I really don't see midoki setting an option to disable how they make money. midoki wants us to use lots of gems and rumbles are some of the best tactics to push people into gemming. You can be sure they will always have gemming an accessible option in all parts of the game.

Raptelan and peg-brain bob like this.
  8. Now I know exactly what you are trying to say, and believe me I hate it when other guilds gem just to win a minuscule of rewards, and it's an insult to those who don't gem to get the most BP, but in my opinion disabling gemming during rumbles also isn't a fair and viable option because not every player in a guild will try to participate and may not even regard the rumble, what if they want to use gems to boost their tavern when they are farming for resources? that would deny them right to getting resources they need, especially when they aren't the people who decided to start the rumble. But once again I partially agree it's somewhat unfair, but that's the game, I appreciate that it's free, and before, we didn't have rumbles, so even being in any place under first place still means you get something, maybe not 35 gems, but its still nice to get something that's technically free when you plunder daily, and you can imagine how much the gemming is supporting Midoki and helping them develop more content for us at a better rate, things like Pirate Hall 9 and other upcoming updates we're starting to see, it's only respectable that they are trying to keep alive in the business world while granting us this fun and free to play game, which I will add, doesn't need any Gems/Purchases to fully play and complete. Gems do nothing but make everything faster, Buy you a few decorations with your island, and buy builders. and the game practically gives away gems from achievements, over 2000 from Achievements + Errands + 1st Rumbles + Exploration.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  9. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder Powder Monkey

You must fight back with gems. Nuff said.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You get it :)

11. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Bah - anyone would think this game was designed to make money... ;)

That's not very piratey of Midoki, they should find a way to steal from their customers :)

Plaidness likes this.
  12. Ian

Ian Commodore

@peg-brain bob, if they stole money form their clients, Midoki would then need to call themselves a 'Bank' ;)

13. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

The ultimate solution to gemming and minis is to limit the number of battles a single player can have during a rumble. Let's say twenty each and be done with all the issues.

Some people want to just play for a little while gemming battles one after another and not be a slave to the recruiting clock.

Fulcrum likes this.
  14. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

if you want to spend the money midoki is not going to stop you. Rumbles are arguably a tactic to get people to spend more gems. This will never happen.

Raptelan likes this.
  15. Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy Powder Monkey

Gemming for wins is ok in my opinion - I never gemmed in rumble but I lost quite a few rumbles to guilds who have quite a few members who gemmed.

I do have a problem when Guilds used minis to win though... That's just plain cheating...

16. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Powder Monkey

This is the direction I'd love to see Rumbles heading towards. You cannot attack the same player twice, no hiding behind a shield, Gemming to rush troops is still available, and so on..

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Let me repeat what has been stated many times before.

Midoki will never limit gem buying, or institute anything that limits people spending money. Just poor business. With that said, we all know these companies are very effective at manipulating game play to generate maximum income. This may mean reducing troop recruitment times which may on the surface seem counterproductive to gem buying, but I am sure the reality is that little tweak generated overall additional gem buying. If you are going to make suggestions, at least offer a suggestion that may increase overall gem buying to compensate reduced gem buying by the select few.

With that said, a past game I played gave free gems to every member of the guild anytime someone in the guild bought gems. For example, a guild member would spend $100 to buy 20k gems, every member in that guild would receive 200 gems. I know that seems counterproductive, and I could never figure out how this generated additional revenue. In that game the admins were the cheapest, most money hungry group of people I have ever met. They first did it as weekend specials on a couple of occasions, then made it permanent. They would never had added it and kept it if it didn't generate additional revenue. I can only imagine the majority of people treat gems like real money. If they have it, they will spend it. If they spend it to increase number of rumble attacks and scores, it must've had effect of making others spend more to counter. Either way, it sure made the company seem like really great people for giving away free gems. Might be worth Midoki investigating.

Now, the real reason for this post. Lynsey has said in the past, rumbles are the first of several planned guild vs guild features. It only makes sense they release the revenue generating features first. I don't think we can expect any major changes to the rumbles. I would like to believe the Admins have been listening and taking into consideration rumble comments in planning the future guild vs guild features. Wish Lynsey would at least get on again and confirm there will be future guild vs guild features with some of the more balanced competition some here have been requesting. Further emphasizing the Admins are aware that one size does not fit all and are trying to develop a game that will have something for everyone.