Disabling Attacks for Imminent Maintenance

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by yeti, Jan 10, 2015.

1. yeti

yeti Captain

So, I know when the message pops up that maintenance will be starting in X mins, you are unable to start searching for opponents.

However, if you are already searching, it allows you to continue searching and commence an attack...and incidentally, ofcourse that was the raid of the day with a million in loot that i never got to see.

I didn't see the pop up message warning of maintenance, although there was a nanosecond glimpse of some kind of blink and you miss it message between searches...I assume now that's what it was since I got the full 'servers are under maintenance message' right when i got the third star :(

Be good if players were kicked out of searching and returned to their island...will also prevent hundreds from having to endure stories lamenting the one that got away!

Bear, Kelani, Tikigirl and 1 other person like this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Bummer Yeti, hopefully you'll get a great raid today.

yeti likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@yeti ouch. :( Sorry you had to experience that, but thanks for reporting it. That def. sounds like a bug/glitch/oversight that definitely needs to be addressed.

cc: @Sir Bugsalot

yeti likes this.
  4. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

How is it a glitch when someone ignores a pop up warning message and suffers the consequences. To me, that is karma telling that person pay attention next time.

5. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Yeti always pays attention. (Current situation excluded).

yeti likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

If the message flashes by too quick for someone to read it, it's kind of hard to pay attention, no?

yeti likes this.
  7. yeti

yeti Captain

The pop up message was a flash in the clouds between nexting, didn't even see any words, just noticed something brownish for a fraction of a second that looked a bit different between nexts. It is a glitch when the message doesn't stay up to actually be readable and acknowledged, and when the player is allowed to continue searching and actually enter into a raid...

Kelani likes this.
  8. Devil's Advocate

Did it really only flash for a brief fraction of a second, or were you too pre-occupied with destroying the next town on your way to total domination that you did not notice?! Might you have been blinded by your greed for grog and gold that you did not see the flashing message and swiped it away like a gnat. Only this gnat came back to bite you, to the tune of 1 million gold. Score one for the gnats of the world!

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/benefit_of_the_doubt

10. Devil's Advocate

11. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Devils advocate, I see why u chose that name. But I agree with kel. Benefit of the doubt. It could happen to u just as easily.

12. yeti

yeti Captain

Yeah, as I've said twice before, it really only flashed for a brief fraction of a second. Not sure how I can make that any clearer for you, buddy. I haven't demanded my winnings back, I didn't go overboard bitching and moaning, I was bringing an issue to the attention of the devs and suggesting an improvement, so where do you think my motivation comes from in making it up? Your motivation, on the other hand, seems slightly more obvious. Gnats, eh? Annoying little pests they are...

Bear likes this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

[​IMG]

Burnz likes this.