Does anyone have a solution?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Burnz, May 12, 2015.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I have put off with this question for far too long. So I am looking for a shortcut or whatever so that I don't have to use the trackpad when I want to use a word and apple wants me to use another?

Say I wanted to use the version of don't that I typed.
    [​IMG]

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Turn auto correction off in settings?

3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I thought about that, but I would rather have autocorrect on and the few times that I purposely choose a word that is spelled incorrectly, I'll use the trackpad. But, I am still wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut.

4. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Damn't Batman! I have a window's computer, so my answer is to write it first in Word the copy&paste LOL

Burnz likes this.
  5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Fish, you da man!!

6. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I too was a windows guy, till work threw a wrench into my computing prowess.

7. This fish has a macbook pro at home, so I was interested too ;)

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

usually backspace undoes the auto-correct and allows you to continue with the work you 'want' to use.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Neat! Does backspace work on other ios devices?

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

yes, on my iPad.. but you have to hit backspace as soon as it corrects (similar to windows) if you type another letter or space, its too late. (note: it may also be program specific)

Tex likes this.
  11. Burnz

Burnz Captain

There is no backspace on a mac silly :p

12. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sorry for not understanding Mac... But I have a backspace on my iPad (top row right side) which works a treat, so assumed the Operating system was similar. Guess I won't be buying a Mac any time soon then..

13. Rachael

Rachael Crew

On a Mac the delete button is the backspace :p

Kelani and Ian like this.
  14. Burnz

Burnz Captain

@Ian Thanks for helping me out

Ian likes this.