Empty mine/distillery glitch?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Kelani, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sorry if this has been mentioned. I looked everywhere, and didn't see it.

A few people who've passed through my guild had something weird going on with their mines/distilleries. After being away from the game for several hours, They had full stores, and half-full L6-7 M/D. When attacked, the resources drained from the M/D are extremely low. When attacked by multiple troops, you'd normally expect hundreds to thousands of units stolen every few seconds. In these cases, their resource drain is in the single digits. I could understand this if they'd collected from the M/D a few minutes earlier, but that's not the case here.

Anyone know what causes this? I must say the idea of losing less than 1% resources during a raid does sound appealing :)

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Their collectors were empty, that is why they didn't lose anything. If you have emptied your resource collectors, thus placing them in the storages instead, you won't lose anything since the collectors are empty, there is nothing to steal. But this means that there will be more resources in the storages of course.

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's logical, and was my first thought, but I don't think that's the case here. These people were attacked 4-6 hours after they stopped playing for the day. Assuming L7 and four hours, their collectors had to have around 8k each, but the game saw them as being near-empty. I saw one of the battle replays last week, and each L7 collector yielded no more than 100-200 resources. Since then, two other people have mentioned experiencing something similar. One guy said it was a known bug. I looked here, but couldn't find any mention, which is why I asked.

I suppose it's possible all of them could be mistaken about collecting, but I don't think its very likely.

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Maybe they got attacked multiple times in those hours? :D

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Also possible, but they said it was either the first or only attack of the night.

If nobody thinks there's anything to it, that's fine. Had only one person mentioned it, I wouldn't have bothered posting, but three different people is enough for me to at least raise the question. :)

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Given the current problem of the attack log having to delete attacks, it's possible that they were attacked multiple times and wouldn't have been able to know. Just a thought

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's definitely a possibility. I'll see if I can get more info, or a video from someone credible. If it turns out my guildlings were messing with me, I'm gonna take them out behind the tavern for a little chat. :mad:

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Hahaha - take video of that too

9. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Drill holes in the paddle...you get less air resistance!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I was thinking more along the lines of using them for mortar target practice, but that's not a bad idea, either! :)