Event/chest rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intimidator, May 9, 2018.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Are there gonna be any tweaks or redos on event rewards or chest from streaking? I’m not one to complain lol, but most of the rewards are not very useful for anyone unless you’ve just downloaded the game. Gold, grog, ep, and bp are relatively easy to come by imo. Most of the reasons for playing these events and what makes it fun is to actually get some materials or stuff that is useful or can’t be gotten by normal attacking and sailing. One useful casket is very disappointing and not even a speck of gems to be seen :( The upgradeable outfits aren’t really that exciting considering the northern and voodoo outfit are really all anyone ever uses because the buffs are so much better. With new LPs/levels rumored to be in the next update I’m hoping you guys consider other ways to bring materials back in the game a little more. We don’t really need 999 chest of gold, grog, ep, bp. It is not much help in the grand scheme. All we had to get materials was events and sailing. Lately events not much help in that department. :(

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    850arrr, MorganFlint and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

That is unfortunately true :(. Running already out of mats with mini too(ph10). Ship is sailing 24/7 for mats.
    EP chests are only piling up... get so much from sailing and the perk funding doesn't take much EP.

3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I would like to add that part of the fun/excitement of playing events was the decent shot in the arm you could get from useful caskets. Example: that LP you’ve been waiting forever to get to the next level might happen if u finished the event and so on... That doesn’t happen like it used to. What is the motivation to spend a few gems to finish an event? I’m already attacking and gaining more gold and grog than I can use anyway for an event. It seems sort of redundant to give me the same as a “reward” don’t you think? The dapper as a final rewards is not exciting to me. I could care less about the outfits tbh. I think the final reward should be gems or caskets. Id likely spend a few gems knowing I could make a few back or if I could get a decent amount of materials that might be of use.

MorganFlint likes this.
  4. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I agree with everything Intimidator has said above. I’m fully aware that you aren’t going to please everyone, but how about some kind of choice in the rewards or the ability to trade the rewards for things that might be useful to us in the trade ship maybe.

Intimidator likes this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Event rewards change on an event by event basis, and we look carefully at economy each time to see the average amount of gold/grog/BP/EP etc people have across all of the different Pirate Hall levels. It's worth remembering that although you may not have any issues with gold, grog, EP or BP, and want materials instead, there are other players (even at PH11) who are constantly running low on gold, grog, EP and BP (there are quite a few that have all the materials they need to upgrade the LPs they want, but need the BP and grog, for example). Even with fully maxed players who don't have walls to upgrade find that if they're getting attacked on a daily basis (sometimes several times) the re-arm cost of fully upgraded defences takes a fair whack of gold each day.

It's also worth remembering that the reward tree is for all levels of Pirate Hall (hence so many of them unlocking at what's a relatively trivial Token amount for a max level PH player). Those players are unlikely to have the Northern or Voodoo Outfits, so the other outfits are valuable to them. There are also players that prefer the buffs on other outfits over the Northern or Voodoo ones (as the Northern and Voodoo outfits initially focus on buffing certain troops - which may not be ones the player wants to use with that Legendary), whereas the lower rarity outfits buff the Legendary Pirates themselves. And some players don't care about the buffs and just care about style. ;)

Streak rewards are slightly changing in the next update!

Intimidator, MorganFlint and laaafish like this.
  6. laaafish

laaafish Crew

It’s good to know you all put so much thought into it, I just need 4 more exotic topaz

7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Thanks @Lynsey [Midoki] for taking the time to write back and explain how rewards are generated! That is awesome news that you’re updating the streak chest. Hoping it’s a reasonable goal, so I have another avenue to spend some gems and get more materials. That would be a win, win IMO;)

I also would put my vote in (if there was such a thing) to keep the reward tree the same for lower ph players and max. If I was playing a smaller ph, I wouldn’t wanna be penalized for being an overachiever. I would think a skilled, motivated ph a couple levels below me could still go for a finish on an event if they wanted to reap more rewards. I don’t think time should be wasted on making so many different rewards trees based on ph level. It sounds like a nightmare to maintain and would cap lower level players from possible rewards if they chose to gem or put in extra effort to reap those rewards....AND it should serve as motivation to upgrade as stated here or elsewhere.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    MorganFlint likes this.
  8. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Just fix the streaking. I am maxed and don't need it, but the reason I maxed out really quickly was because of streaking. Now, there are times when I help the guild in rumbles by streaking to 3 or 4 and don't even bother getting the 5th win (back in the day I always did just to grab a chest). Gold/Grog for streaking to 5 is sooooo not cool.

850arrr likes this.