Exploration Bug

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by m4thw1z, Sep 25, 2014.

1. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

To build a lighthouse I need 250 exploration points. To upgrade my boat to explore further I need to build a lighthouse. The range on my boat is such that I can reach no more spots on the map. However I have only 237 exploration points.

There are several spots on the map that are blocked by islands. I am attaching a photo.

Attached Files:

2. Natemz

Natemz Crew

Just travel to already explored locations. It will still give you the EP

3. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

That worked, thanks. I am not used to doing things with no perceived benefit.

4. Natemz

Natemz Crew

I had to do the exact same thing to get my ship upgraded. I just kept doing short quick trips. :D

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

There is a benefit, firstly you gain the EP you need and secondly you can gain gold, grog and maybe even gems from completed voyages and fighting monsters

6. Its very beneficial to do short trips in the shallow waters around your base. Sometimes you get diamonds and loot bonuses for a trip of only a couple minutes.

Chris beat me to it. :(

Ftyga likes this.
  7. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Sorry I was waiting for maintenance to end so I had nothing to do ;)

8. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

Thats the reason that I said "perceived". There is no indication that sailing in explored waters does anything. There is no reason that a noob like myself would think "Hey I am going to randomly sail in open water today" Until you actually just sail to nowhere then you do not discover that it gives you exploration points.
    Maybe when the ship is idle there should be some sort of notification asking you to go sailing.
    I also wish there was a notification when I can collect from islands.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

When the islands are ready to pay off, you'll see a red exclamation point on the Plunder icon.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Perceived no, implied ... Sort of. Defeated monsters and boats reappear over time and since I enjoy battling the fish, boats, etc multiple times, I quickly learned that these areas gave more EP after I had already been there. Perhaps this was in the tutorial that many of us skipped over :)