Exploration % on map different then in quest

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by Pirate Bee, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Small bug here, the map currently shows 100% explored but my quest is at 99%. I am assuming this is due to rounding up as I have only 3 squares left to uncover.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Most likely.

3. TysonDUB

TysonDUB Powder Monkey

Could this be the same problem with my 75% exploration achievement? I hit 75% on the map, but the achievement hasn't hit, and I've even explored 3 more spaces since I got 75% and still nothing.

4. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Yes, with the 75% I had to get a bunch more to complete the quest. It is a rounding issue ;)

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Consider how many squares there are on the map. This means that it takes 6 squares to equal 1%

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There are 600 squares, which implies each 1% = 6 squares, but are you sure it doesn't round that up? I could've sworn I got the 75% quest with 4 squares. I had 74%, completed one square, the bar went to 75%. pretty sure I got three more, and finished the quest. Take that with a grain of buckshot, tho. When It comes to numbers, I'm usually wrong.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I haven't seen an instance where it took less than 6 squares but maybe it's weighted in some way...after all, there are squares that automatically are uncovered and the squares that are initially uncovered...