Fast forward button

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DamianWars, Jan 21, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I like the fast forward button on replays; makes the boring parts go quicker. Sometimes when I start a battle or mid way through or at the end there is nothing I can do but watch and it seems to be a good opportunity for a similar fast forward button.

There are different ways to approach this. Maybe only having one speed or opening it right up to a 4x speed. The special abilities could possibly go into auto mode and immediately activate when available or if you don't like that then the ability buttons function the same way you just have to be quicker at pressing them.

I know monetization is always being considered with every feature. So for the guys up stairs looking for how this makes money basically the faster the battle the faster you spend resources/gems/money

2. What exactly are you suggesting? A fast forward function during an actual battle?

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I believe he is. I'd love to see one also. Who wants to spend 2 minutes waiting for troops to swim around to those corner outhouses you forgot?

However, I don't think this is likely to be added in this format.. (I can already hear the responses: If you attack right, you don't need to wait for 2 mins..). And since in this case it'd basically be a button to speed up the battle, rather than an actual fast forward, there may be issues doing that.

Now, if it was possible to set a battle speed: Slow (50%)/Medium (100%)/Fast (150%) and change it on the fly, that could accomplish that, as well as allow us more methodical attackers to keep up. I think that could be a neat feature.

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Another game several of my our guild members play together has a fast forward button available for raids. There are times when it is extremely useful. Another one of those things there should be no reason to dislike, and plenty of reasons to like. If you don't like, then don't use it. :)

Kelani likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree. That's good to know it already exists in some form. I was thinking there may be some technical issues with it.

I don't think it'd hurt to add this to the Battle master list.

6. I foresee a problem just like the "delete all" button from the base editor, don't you guys think? Or is it just me on my small iPhone 4 :rolleyes:

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Very good point. On a phone, that would be tough to avoid. . unless they put the buttons to the right of the troop selector, or something.

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I get what you are saying, but it is unnecessary in my eyes. I'd rather the dev's spend more time on other projects. A battle is only 3 minutes anyways. If anything, the swim speed should be increased.

Captain Monkey likes this.
  9. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Yes it is the corner outhouses but also most of the time during the battle I'm just staring at the special ability waiting to press that again. There is really nothing more I can do. So why not add a button to speed everything up. It wouldn't change anything and it would respond like the replays. Btw the replays are not true replays. What it replays is when and where you drop your pirates the rest is like a real time battle, this is why the replays can differ than the actual battle. So the technology is already being used it's just a matter of applying it to the battle.

10. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I'm sure button placement and screen real estate, although important, can all be avoided if properly planned. Maybe there could be a time delay on it such as you press it once and a message comes up saying "fast forward mode in 5, 4, 3... seconds press again to cancel". The button could also be put in a menu that is collapsed by default.

Kelani likes this.
  11. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like that it looses its purpose by hiding it in a submenu, the same goes for the countdown system. Don't get me wrong, both are solutions to the problem of accidentally pressing the button. But it seems like a lot of work with not that much in return.
    However, if i'm alone on this I will add it to the masterlist.
    Happened to me quite some times I pressed the surrender button, and then the pop up shows up and annoys me very much because it always pops up at those important moments :)

Kelani likes this.