"Fishing" and BP??

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I'm a PH6 player that started playing in April. Most should know who I am (provided that I'm generally the thread resurrector:p)

I've read tons of threads on Fishing?? But can someone please explain what it is??

All the Big Fish I've fought give me things like, 3 copper and 200BP (good payout) or a Davy Jone Chest (bad payout)

I've seen tons of pictures (notably from @Tex's post) about the elusive 2K BP. Can someone please elaborate?

Maybe this is the wrong forum to post it, so if this needs to be moved I'll do so.

Skye likes this.
  2. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

This was all before materials were available @Ultimate Sea Dog.
    It used to be that you could get up to 2,000 BP from Big Fish so it was the best way to obtain BP.
    Then it got nerfed to 800 max. Now it is...well...you know how it is now ;)

3. Ultimate Sea Dog

Oh.

But now...how to get BP??

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Supposedly the 2kbp reward is still there, just really rare.

I've found the best way to make BP outside of the daily reward from winning a rumble is to farm lots of battered chests. Really short voyages to close monsters, constantly. Battered chests sometimes have given me 160 or even 240bp, and frequently have at least a little bit, and you can probably pull in 7-10 battered chests in a day with a bit of diligence, which will probably average you at least a decent chunk, and it should add up.

I can usually cram the closest four or so monsters in a ~2hr trip, and if one of the four drops a battered chest, and I set sail every 2 hours, you can see how the chests start to pile up.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ya know what? Skye, PLEASE post something with regard to BP before I open a chest. Just got 1K BP from a Davy Jone's!
    WOOT

6. SaK

SaK First Mate

I got 6-7 times 2000 Bp in a row from 4* bigger fish before rumble started...and many times

Now it has been rare...I got once a while...so follow what skye just told.